Need advice on EMG results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I was worried about the isolated fib as well as increased insertional activity. Is that common as well?

Thank you for your reply Nikki.

For us to think about ALS, as Nikki already stated, the EMG would have to show acute and chronic denervation in multiple muscles tested, not just one, and in different regions. There is nothing to worry about as regards ALS.

Hi Laurie, thank you for your response. May I ask you another question? I noticed on your reply to another thread to “mab” you stated that ulnar neuropathy has a different electrical pattern on the EMG. I just wanted to inquire on what these differences would be and if my results match up with those?
I’m sorry but I don’t know how to tag the other message.

Yes, ulnar neuropathy will show basically mechanical damage to the nerves in that area (as is common with repetitive motion injuries from keyboarding, lifting, writing, etc.). And those injuries often involve sensory neurons, which is why such injuries often entail tingling and numbness that can come and go.

ALS is a motor neuron disease, so the nerve is not injured in a physical sense; it dies from as yet not fully known causes. And only motor neurons are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back