Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Odessa
My wheelchair is a Permobil M300, mid drive.
Looking for a used handicap conversion van with manual side ramp. Prefer 2005 or newer model, with lower mileage. Live in west Texas. Please reply thank you.

Check on eBay and Auto trader. also call the ALS association, they may know of someone selling one. Good luck!

A couple of the big natl dealer networks deal in used vehicles. Google for used mobility vans. Some will deliver from a distance.

The best outlet I know is disableddealer.com at:
Equipments for Disabled Wheelchairs Accessible Vans Scooters

They have both private and dealer listings. If you are patient and careful, you can often find a good quality older van for a reasonable price from a private seller. You can search by state and price.

We are looking for a van also, and found this website: "Summit Auto & Cycle Inventory of Used Cars & Trucks for Sale, Zumbrota, MN, 507-990-6979"

They have quite a few wheelchair accessible vans on their website (with lots of pictures - I love that) and claim to deliver a lot of their handicapped vehicles FREE! I did talk to a fellow named Izaak on the phone today. He seemed informed and pleasant to deal with. Good luck in your search.

Thankful for each reply!:smile:

Search some of my past posts....
We found that buying a Ford transit connect, removing the 60% back seat and installing a Handi Ramp at the back gave us brand new vehicle, good gas mileage and no required frame or bumper alterations for about $20k less than a used van. Ford rebates the cost of the ramp

We found that buying a Ford transit connect, removing the 60% back seat and installing a Handi Ramp at the back gave us brand new vehicle, good gas mileage and no required frame or bumper alterations for about $20k less than a used van. Ford rebates the cost of the ramp

I am actively looking and really like this option. I checked your past posts and could only find final cost ($24K) and a ramp was installed. Can you provide more details?

Example, which particular model (e.g. XLT Wagon)? 5 or 7 passenger? Brand and model of ramp system? Did you use a local van conversion installer? Where do you sit in the van? Any other advice?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Patrick

I really like our transit connect.

Affordable. Found ours via ALS Society.

Elaine - which ramp did you use? Thanks

The Transit option sounds like a good one but I'm puzzled by what you believe are your savings . The van with ramp cost $24,000 and you feel you saved $20,000 over buying a used converted van. There are plenty of good converted vans available for less than $44,000. A casual search of disableddealer.com shows a 2008 Braun Entervan with only 29,000 miles for $19,500. 2008 Dodge caravan Accessible Vehicles Accessible Vehicles Accessible Vehicles Accessible Vehicles This is from a dealer. With patience one can find a better price from a private seller.

I purchased a 1999 Chrysler Town and Country Braun Entervan in 2005 from a private seller for $16,000. I am only selling it now having put over $100,000 miles on it. I had few problems with it aside from replacing the transmission for $2200. A known risk with Chrysler in those days.

Thankful for all your responses.. Fortunately, we have found a van. So blessed! The people here are such a Godsend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back