Status
Not open for further replies.
calif, that is a neat idea! There is nothing wrong with that. Your dad must be a "cool guy!" LOL My son's funeral was different from other funeral we have had in the family. We invited everyone, lots and lots of people, friends, exes (sp?). I was in charge! LOL I told everyone I wanted no beef (trouble), no pictures taken, no bs talk about my dead son. I warned that whoever crossed those boundaries were going to be ushered out. I had 3 guys keeping everything in order. It was nice, very nice! A long video with nice gospel music, some classic, some Rock. I picked 3 songs for him. It was really nice. My son's viewing was from 12:00 noon to 9:00 pm. I was there the whole time. My other son's friend owns a clothing store, and made lots of white T-shirts in memory of my son, with lots of pics in front of the shirt. His name, and dates of sunrise and sunset. The next day of the burial was just as nice. I wanted him to have the best, a cool, something different. Gosh, this is too lengthy! God bless!

Irma

To be strong like you...

Citlalli:

I hope I can be a strong as you are when it is my dad's time to pass. I haven't been a member of this site for very long; but I have read many of your posts. You are a very brave woman and I envy you in more ways than I can explain.

Your husband is a very lucky man. May you enjoy the rest of your time together... even in the silence while he sleeps and you look on.

Kari

Thanks so much for all of your great ideas. I am going to combine them all and get busy with what has to be done, while I am still functioning. Talking about my body, not my mind. :-D :-D

Since my last name is Marble, many say I lost my marble's a long time ago. Do any of you remember playing with marbles as a kid? We had our favorites the shooter, the cats eye, and the big ones. I played so many games in those days I wore the knees off my jeans in the dirt. It was great fun. We would win everyone's marbles then give them back and start all over. I guess by todays standards, kids would be bored to death with such a game.

Remember using clothes pins to put baseball cards on the spokes of your bike to make it sound "cool"? Playing with yo-yo's, hula hoops, awe enough of the goods old days. :cool:

God Bless
Capt AL

Hey Al- I was the hula-hoop champion of our neighborhood. :-D Cindy

Oops, Cindy... You may be revealing your age.

Do many of you remember any of these: :-D:-D

78 rpm records, $.05 Cokes, gas station wars where we bought gas for $.18 a gallon and collected empty coke bottles along the side of the road for the $.03 refund, so we could buy enough gas to go to our friends house where we would play records and dance until 10.00 PM when we were expected to be home. We would often do the limbo dance to see how low we could go. We were always expected to say Yes Sir, and Yes Ma'am, and if not your dad tanned your hide.

The evil drug of our hippie days was weed. If you were really rebellious you might try to get some beer. Tie dye, Madris, and Hawaiian shirts were the rage. Girls ironed their hair and the boys had crew cuts.

Such were the days of our wild streaks. Oh yeah, streaking. :oops:

God Bless
Capt. AL

Since my last name is Marble, many say I lost my marble's a long time ago. Do any of you remember playing with marbles as a kid? We had our favorites the shooter, the cats eye, and the big ones. I played so many games in those days I wore the knees off my jeans in the dirt. It was great fun. We would win everyone's marbles then give them back and start all over. I guess by todays standards, kids would be bored to death with such a game.

Al, I was the tough little tomboy who won all the marbles...only we didn't give them back! My older brothers would bring me in as the ringer when they lost and then I would kick butt and all the older boys would be soooooooooo embarrassed!

We also did the spokes and playing cards in our bike tires, and ate pop rocks with coca cola! ;)

The other stuff was a bit before my time (I'm 36) :D

Well, I am old enough to remember my Grandmother's old fashioned round cylinder victrola. It was an antique then but she still played it once and awhile. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back