Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Toronto
For the past roughly 2 months I have been having rather persistent muscle twitches all over my legs (calves, glutes, quads) and occasionally in the arch of my foot. Only rarely can I actually visibly see this happening, but I feel like it is happening more often than I am able to see. On rare occaisions I can feel the twitch happen in one of my biceps and even more rarely my traps. This started after 5 weeks of rather intense outdoor running (running 10KM in 45-50 mins 1-2 times week). However after ceasing running for 6-7 weeks now the symptoms persist. Some days they will go away entirely (sometimes for up to 3-4 days) however they always seem to return. Spoke to my neuro (I am epileptic) on the phone as no in person visits because of COVID and they suggested the twitches were likely benign, however she refused to really hear anything more about it or do any kinds of tests. Is it possible to demand an EMG even if they dont suspect any serious issues? So far no weakness in legs (have done countless strength tests) and am comfortably walking 5-10KM a day, however muscles have been feeling quite tight and this sensation does not seem to pass.

My issue now is that I am feeling an odd sensation in my hands between the thumb and index finger and am worried it could be related to the 'split hand syndrome' often seen in ALS. Also experiencing severe lower back pain and tightness combined severe anxiety over the fear of all these symptoms linking back to ALS. For reference I am a 32 yr old male.

Please read this if you have not already done so

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. Odd sensations are sensory and point away from ALS.

So you are not describing ALS. See your neurologist when you can, but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

Thanks, and my apologies for not properly reading the note 'before posting'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back