Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
I’ve been having pretty bad nausea for a while. I’ve been trying to link it to stuff I’ve been eating – thought it might be due to taking vitamins on an empty stomach - but no – thought it might be creatine – but no…

Wondering if it’s the rilutek – or maybe related to my bulbar symptoms – stomach acid not getting blocked off from where it should not be going…

Anyone else been feeling nauseous?

PS. Any one see the Flintstones episode where Fred and Barney win a boat?

Fred wanted to name the boat Nautical Queen and Barney wanted to call it Sea Breeze - so they compromised and took the 1st 3 letters from each name: Nau - Sea

Nausea is listed number one on the hit parade for reactions for Rilutek. It didn't give me that but did upset my stomach. Gas, bloating that type of thing. I used to watch Flintstones a lot but guess I missed that episode.

yep! Happens about 30-40 min. after I take rilutek.Does'nt happen after that.
joe

nausea

Hi, ginger works 4 many. comes easily here in sushi style refrigerated jar, fresh, candied or tea & soft drink. does Canada dry ginger ale really have ginger? I like jamaican ginger beer. always worked 4 me in past, but i don't take your med. vitamins on empty stomach always sickening so i don't do it anymore.

to less dis ease,

kathy

I get ginger pills from the health food store and if I know something is going to upset my stomach (like turkey stuffing) which I can't resist I'l take one and it settles it right down. Also a little ground ginger in some recipes helps too.

You guys are really putting me off taking Rilutek. I am to start next month..............ruby from vancouver (surrey)

My Dad couldn't take Rilutek. It caused severe nausea and stomach pain. He was so bad he couldn't get out of bed and at times was incoherant. After he stopped taking the pills the symptoms disappeared.

Hi Ruby,
For what it is worth, I have been taking rilutek for two years, and have had no nausea from it. No side effects at all. On the other hand, I cannot tell if it has slowed the progression of ALS or not.
Hugs and prayers, Leah

Thanks Leah.................ruby from vancouver (surrey)

Actually, I'm pretty sure that my nausea is not attributable to rilutek - at least not rilutek alone.

I think it is likely caused by taking vitamins on an empty stomach.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back