Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
louisiana
City
franklinton
My wife has been nauseated and had a severe headache for the past 2 weeks. Is this common with PLS. Dx 13 mos ago. Having trouble lifting her left arm up shoulder height and having extreme pain in neck and arm. Any of you experienced this. I was told that she normally would not have this kind of pain with MND. Any suggestions. The quicker the better we are going to Houston for her 6 mos check up on the 7th. Thanks for any info.

anthonym-

could your wife have a "frozen shoulder?"

We were told that frozen shoulder could happen with ALS, so it is important to keep range of motion. My husband has ALS not PLS. But I would imagine the same would go for both.

I know when I had a torn rotator cuff, it caused pain to radiate to the tips of my fingers and also gave me a headache similar to a migraine. Your wife could be getting nauseated from the head pain.

Have you tried heat/ice on the shoulder?

As to not having pain with MND, from what I've observed thru this and other forums and thru my husband...it just ain't so. Right now my husband has trouble with his right leg. He says it feels like an ice pick is being thrust thru his knee at times and he will nearly collapse from pain. He doesn't like to take meds and beer ain't helping!

Hope she finds some relief!

cj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back