Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
Hi, i know some of you. I recently had an odd thing occur. I have only had minor bulbar symptoms like jaw pain, tongue twitching, facial tightening etc, but no speech problems and minimal swallowing problems... About three months ago i started having mild nausea, and i could smell certain things really strong... I thought for sure i was pregnant and so did my co-workers... Our cook at the school would get mad at me because i would say this milk is sour or this smells funny, it was a good thing we were friends. I started losing weight. I lost interest in food and ate only to digest my medicines, i was so tired i did not use my energy on cooking or eating or drinking. Then i got my apetite back and ate a big meal. The next day the nausea came back so bad that food commercials were making me gag, then i started throwing up. The next day i knew i was a little dehydrated so i tried to drink but couldn't, so i ate grapes but threw them up too. My son came hom later that day with a stomache virus and i thought Ahha! Thats what i have, he was sick to his stomache and stayed home with me. He was better the next morning and went to school. I felt better the next morning and wanted some coffee.... I called my mom over before she went to work, she gave me money to get breakfast and i started to write down what she wanted, and when she said egg, cheese i immediately gagged and ran to the bathroom were i projectile vomitted all over. I then tried to drink Gatorade but with every sip i threw up until it was dry heaves. I gave up trying to drink and felt dizzy.... My stomach hurt so bad from the force of vomitting. I went to the ER where they thought it was my gaulbladder. The ultrasound came back fine but my white blood cell count was sky high. My mouth was so dry it was stuck shut. I begged for water but they could not give me any, incase of surgery. The ER doc called my old doc and he recommended ct scan. The scan came back normal, and my old doc came to the ER plain clothed and told me i will be staying overnight and will continue with the iv fluids and he was going to have my blood taken in the morning. I had taken in over six bags of fluid and let out one and a half, the next morning my white blood cell count went down so dramastically they took it twice. My doc came in very happy and told me i was severely dehydrated and that my bloodwork is normal now and my insides are fine! I was like thank god, then he told my to make sure and tell my neuro about what happened. I do not see how this would correlate with ALS? Do any of you?

Never heard of that one happening before. Or more correctly, I don't remember hearing of it.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back