Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
A post in honour of the dogs (and other beloved animal companions!) of the forum. It's been a while since we've had a pet thread and we have many new members, so let's have 'em!

I also wanted to take the opportunity to introduce Charles Archibald (Charlie to his friends). He's still learning big brother Theo's boundaries and got thumped pretty solidly when he decided he could take Theo on in a friendly wrestling match.

1598479090322.png
1598479218237.png

Where would we be without our faithful companions? Presenting His Highness Wilson, our 15-year-old poodle, and his loyal servant, Jeffery, a spitz with a mind of his own.

2012-06-30 12.27.31.jpg
IMG_0955.JPG

@Jlynn Mazie is a lovely girl! Such gentle and intelligent eyes!

@Wilson2009 It really is important for loyal assistants to have minds of their own so they can carry out their duties and don't bother His Highness with the petty details!

I love positive forces in our lives and nothing lifts my mood more than dogs.

The first picture is Ace with Cricket (Italian Greyhound) Cricket crossed the rainbow bridge.
The second is Ace in his raincoat. He's seven now. He's a pretty independent guy and has bonded with my housemate, Fred. Fred loves that dog more than I ever thought a man could. Ace will always have Fred and that makes me happy.
Ace&CricketChristmas2013-1.jpg
Ace2013Rain.jpg

Kim, how absolutely adorable- a raincoat for Ace!
I'm a cat person (without them anymore due to this fantastic situation I'm in), so have no experience with dogs and their clothing.

All beautiful dogs! I believe dogs are truly man's best friend. Unfortunately, I recently had to rehome my dogs, since it was getting very difficult for me to take good care of them and get them enough exercise - I live alone and I was needing more and more help to take care of them.

So, my two black Labs - Jake/12.5 years and Rocky/6.5 years - are living with my old neighbors and have a new yellow Lab brother. It breaks my heart to not have them with me, but I know it was the right thing to do. They have a beautiful 2 acre yard, a great neighborhood to walk in, and neighbors that already know them. They are adjusting, and I can go visit them whenever I want (which I have been doing quite often).

Here is a picture of them enjoying the sunshine on a glorious day today.

1598657335671.jpeg

3A42022A-A95A-4153-9876-D6E3B4562F26.jpeg

A few days late, but I must give a shout-out to our 4-year old Sheltie, Rosie (the worried one that I’m holding). The “other” Rosie on the table was created after one thorough brushing. We can make a new Rosie about every three weeks...

Ha ha, Kevin, both Rosie and the "other" Rosie are adorable.

Beautiful Sheltie, Kevin. That's a lot of hair. Ace is only 7 pounds but he sheds like crazy. People know not to wear black at my place.

This is Cooper. He’s actually at training right now to become a therapy dog so I could volunteer at my husband’s cancer center. When I had thought about doing this over a year ago I didn’t know I would be currently having my own health issues. So, Cooper might just end up being more of just a therapy dog to me, but who could complain with that face ❤️
5BC9FD97-003B-4AE9-A501-E5D9845D3F77.jpeg

Dogs are just the best. I am a labrador lover. Currently we have Daisy (whose picture you can see on the left). She is a golden mixed with something else (?). I would love to get another dog, preferably a labrador. I could probably convince my wife and kids to go along with it. Maybe. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back