Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
SC
City
Conway
Daughter Wendy started a team today for the SC ALS Chapter,my team is Kens Beach Bums,first time Ive been involved with this,any advice from the pros here,I have set a goal of 10,000.00 dollars,have bought a few extra PowerBall tickets

Can you give us some details on the walk, please?

Ken,

If you have a large support group - like a church or past co-workers, or even a lot of friends -- you can try selling team shirts. I had team shirts made up last year for our walk. The shirts cost us a little less than $5 and we sold them for $15 - could even sell for $20 and be reasonable.

Also, I have seen others get permission from their children's school to do fundraisers there. I believe they bought ALS bracelets and sold them.

My husband's past employer and co-workers held a fundraising lunch where part of the cost of lunch went towards the cause.

Good luck. BTW, my dad and very large family is from Tabor City, family name Ward, are you any relation to the Wards?

Stephanie

Hi Steph,
Thanks for the help,thing is I bought my house here in Conway SC in April 2009,because of my wifes poor health we did not move down from NH until Oct.She passed in Aug 2010,one week after I was diagnosed with the ALS,I never have had the time to join a group or meet a lot of people,no I dont know any Wards from Tabor city but I named my first daughter Stephanie.You have a great day,my prayers are with you.
Hugs Ken

Hi Jerry,
If you go on to Yahoo and search SC ALS Chapter you should find it,it is there 2ond walk.If you have no luck send me a e-mail and I will forward my daughters site,all the info is there,Im at [email protected]
Hope your have a good day---------------Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back