Status
Not open for further replies.
Shelly, that sounds like what is happening with me, but (thank heavens) it hasn't happened while I'm driving. My husband also had experiences like that 30 years ago, where he would "come to" in the parking lot where he worked, and wouldn't know if he had just arrived or was going home. Once he got on the freeway going the wrong way and had no idea how he got there. (No one was hurt, thank God). He was diagnosed with epilepsy, and given dilantin, which controlled the seizures. He's off them now and seizure free for many years, but we never did find out what caused it.

I just received a notification today from my insurance that they are denying my neuro's request for a sleeping eeg, an MRI, a regular eeg, and a gastric tube fluoroscopy (don't know what that is for) to see what's causing these seizures ... if they ARE seizures. I'll slug it out with the insurance again and get these tests done, but I'm really tired of having to have a knock down-drag out fight for every needed test. Actually, they are only denying them being done at the clinic ... they want a local neuro to order them. Which means mucho hoops to jump through.

More importantly: Have you talked to your husband's neuro about his episodes? If they are seizures, they can probably be contolled very easily, but uncontrolled, they are very dangerous. I would mention them to his doctor right away.
Thanks for your response. Good luck.

And unfortunately, a small number of PALS also get dementia, which could explain the confusion. I hope this is not the case, but whatever the cause, Beth is right: please tell his doctor!

Emailing the Dr. Tomorrow

I will be emailing Eddie's Dr in the morning. You know when I think about it, he has been having some problems lately, turning the wrong direction, Repeating questions, Forgetting whether he has eaten. I am definately Emailing the Dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back