My thoughts on the EyeGaze Edge vs Tobii

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow thanks Jim!

Maybe the longer character limit is only allowed in DIHALS because they post war and peace in there without problems? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

My Chris also felt he was quite easy to understand, the biggest problem was that 'people just didn't bother to try' ...

My Chris also felt he was quite easy to understand, the biggest problem was that 'people just didn't bother to try' ...
Gosh, I can totally relate to that!

I believe it's quite common Karen because you know what you are saying and hear it in your head - but to anyone only hearing it, without knowing already what is being said it is a different thing.
I remember that at a point where I could understand much of what Chris was saying, but most others could not, I was in a store. A lady entered in a wheelchair and a man turned with an exclamation of delight at seeing her. They began to communicate and I could not understand a single thing she was saying. Whatever her medical issue, her speech issues were very different to ALS. I realised quickly that there was a combination of him talking to her about a familiar topic (he was asking about family members and things they were doing), and being familiar with understanding her speech issues.

If I had needed to have a conversation with her I would have been in as deep a pool of water as most people were trying to speak with Chris. I began to realise I could also interpret for him because I understood the answers he might be giving about where things were at with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back