Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
I’ve had my ‘thing’ about Facebook I’ve written before on. My daughter and I were hacked a few years back.
I believe it is the reason so many of the Forum’s sub forums (Related Conditions) that once were active have
now gone nearly idle.

So, my opinion, those who are active Facebook users think twice about your set up and most of all if you publish
anything public.

Not too well covered in the news. But here it is…

Hackers steal 500 MILLION logins for Facebook and other tech giants after targeting PCs and making off with
payment information from five million devices in latest major security breach. The United States was the
primary target.

In April 2021, a large data set of over 500 million Facebook users was made freely available for download.
The data was allegedly obtained by exploiting a vulnerability Facebook advises they supposedly rectified in
August 2019. The primary value of the data is the association of phone numbers to identities; whilst each
record included phone numbers. Most records contained names and genders with many also including dates
of birth, location, relationship status and employer.

The hackers are still going after it, it can happen again and even bigger.

So… users beware.

PS. The hackers that have this information may sit on it for months before they try to use it. So, keep
your security updated or even upgraded... avoid going cheap, less expensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back