Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Nebraska
City
Lincoln
Hello I am a 19 year old male and have had multiple symptoms and have some questions. Before I start I know twitching isn’t a “sign” of als but can go along with it.

Started off about 3 weeks ago I just started to feel off as I am pretty well tuned with my body. I’ve had random twitching for several months but nothing to be worried about.

My main thing is my left arm feels very weird and I have some perceived weakness but can’t tell. My fingers feel as if they are heavier it that makes any sense. And I’ve had some back and neck pain as well and my legs also feel heavier too. I can still pick things up and lift around the same amount of weight with my left as my right although my right has always been a little stronger.

I’ve read a lot of post here and what to know what you guys mean by “failure” does the failure progress or just it just happen one day. Because at this rate I think my left arm will fail soon. Any advice will help thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have really read a lot of posts here, you know what you're going to read next.

You don't have ALS.

See your doctor who can test your fingers and arms, and help you get past this fear.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you. I still have a question non related to me. What does failure mean? Is it progressive or just abruptly happen. Thank you again won’t reply anymore

Failure is you can't do something. Something you did yesterday, you cannot do today. That is different than the feeling that you describe.

Your mind is playing tricks, and you could have a pinched nerve or strained tendon or something else that could give you a weird feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back