Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Ca
City
San Jose
I have private message a lot of you and appreciate all of your help.

My symptoms started in Early Feb 2007 with extreme body fatigue, where it was tough to do anything. This body fatigue subsided and moved to spacitiy issues with my calves and shoulder. My shoulder felt locked with a pain in it and my calves felt tight and minimal usage left me with stiniging pain. Now the back of my legs feel weak, i get these parts of my body that twitch and move up and down involutarily. I have days that are better but the feeling never leaves completely. I spend most time sleeping after work.

Any thoughts? I have a neuro appt tomorrow.

Thaanks,

Tom R

tom

i cannot tell you what you have or do not have but i will tell you as i have learned it is a long and frustrating situation. in one hand i am glad with my emg results today which was done at massachusetts general hospital that the doctor said showed no sign of als or any mnd. in the other hand i am still tired and fatigued and not sure why. I can tell you to try and stay positive has the body is such a wierd thing. I pray for you and all who suffer or think they have als

TomR1972 said:
I have private message a lot of you and appreciate all of your help.

My symptoms started in Early Feb 2007 with extreme body fatigue, where it was tough to do anything. This body fatigue subsided and moved to spacitiy issues with my calves and shoulder. My shoulder felt locked with a pain in it and my calves felt tight and minimal usage left me with stiniging pain. Now the back of my legs feel weak, i get these parts of my body that twitch and move up and down involutarily. I have days that are better but the feeling never leaves completely. I spend most time sleeping after work.

Any thoughts? I have a neuro appt tomorrow.

Thaanks,

Tom R
Your symptoms are so vague you need blood test it could be a minor thing a virus maybe lymes thyroid anything I wouldnt think ALS relax You need alot more test before you get answers Good Luck Pat

more info

I have had a lot of blood work done everything came back ok. I have also had a neck and brain mri done and that came back as good.

I am very afraid as more things are ruled out that als is going to be ruled in. very very scared.

Tom R

Dear Tom I know how you feel Ive been there waited 5 years for diagnosed but my neuro said that ALS symptoms move quickly so the harder it is to get a diagnosed the better I have als 8 years and still mobile so thats why they were all baffled for years because it was in my speech only so hang in . the ride maybe long good luck pat

Try not to dwell on the possibility. It's going to take quite a while to work through all the possibilities. Ask lots of questions and make sure all possibilities are considered. Odds are in your favor. Get as much out of life as you can--just in case!

TomR1972 said:
I have had a lot of blood work done everything came back ok. I have also had a neck and brain mri done and that came back as good.

I am very afraid as more things are ruled out that als is going to be ruled in. very very scared.

Tom R

hello

I hope odds are in my favor. Why do you think they are?

Unfortunately I am loosing a lot of weight, dont feel hungry. I don't know if I am loosing weight because of this or cause I don't eat as much. Do any of you have fatigue so bad that you sleep most of the day?

thanks

Tom

Hi Tom. Loss of appetite and sleeping a lot are classic signs of depression. I know it is depressing to go through all this but maybe you need a pick me up pill. After the appointment tomorrow you will know more so that may help too.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back