Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CT
City
Milford
hi there, I've started experiencing some very strange symptoms in my legs and (yes I have read the stickies) but am still quite concerned. It started with a cold feeling (but not to the touch) in my left foot along with some sharp/dull cramping pains and knee pain. From there, I experienced on/off shooting pains from my foot into my ankle, tingling on the foot, big toe pain/cramping and various dull pain blooms in my left leg (all over), - not sure how to describe them and am not sure if they're cramps or spasms or not. They come and go in a second or two. Have also had some sore spots that also come and go. Then, one day had a very sharp pain from my hip all the way down to my calf like a lightning bolt. Then, somehow woke up with a very sore 'strained abductor/groin muscle' in that same leg. Could barely lift my knee up very high. Put heat it on it and it's improved a bit though the spot is still really tender. Still having blooming pains in that leg (and pain in hip) and sometimes even experiencing them in the other leg as well (but much less, is it spreading?) my right thigh also feels quite stiff - Also seeing muscle twitches in my legs (some I can see, some I can only feel) and a gentle buzzing sensation in my left foot. My mouth also has been quite dry lately (unrelated?)

Any ideas? Really appreciate your thoughts and time. I have an appt with my pcp coming up who I assume will recommend a neurologist. There's certainly something neurological here at least.

Yikes- if you've read the sticky, you'll know the standard reply will be sensory issues such as pain, numbness, cold feelings, etc, do not indicate ALS, which is a motor control issue. Sounds like you need to see a massage therapist or physio to get a structural assessment and some stretches and exercises to sort out your hips/lower back. I would be very surprised if your doctor detects anything sinister.

Let us know how it goes after your doctor's appt. Assuming it's neurological is likely causing yourself extra anxiety that is not necessary. Hoping you will be reassured by your doc. In the meantime, as I say, a physio or massage therapist can likely sort it out.

Thank you - I did see that in the sticky but I have read about how 'cramping' is a symptom which to me reads as pain, so wasn't sure. I do a lot of stretches and they don't seem to do anything!

Physios can help you do the right stretches, presuming a neuro explanation is ruled out. The wrong ones can make things worse.

Think of it like this: if you ate only Twinkies, you'd be eating enough calories but suffering from malnutrition.

A dry mouth and muscle issues suggests you re-evaluate your hydration and electrolytes, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back