State
WA
City
Spokane
Richard Daniel Regalado (05/05/1956 - 02/25/2011) | Visit Guest Book

REGALADO,
Richard Daniel
(Age 54)

Passed on into the presence of the Lord on February 25, 2011 from complications due to ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). Rick endured the disease with dignity and bravery for 2 ½ years.
Rick was born to Daniel and Elisa Regalado in Douglas, AZ on May 5, 1956 and lived his early life in Sunnyside and Othello, WA, before moving to Spokane in 1980.
Rick graduated from Othello High School in 1974. It was there in Othello where he met his wife Nancy Struthers who he married in April of 1983. He began a 30-year railroad career in Othello starting with the Milwaukee Railroad joining the Burlington-Northern Santa Fe Railroad in Spokane until ALS forced his retirement in 2009.
Rick was a master wood craftsman and could design and build anything, often spending hours in his shop making gifts for family and friends. Mostly he loved spending time at home with his wife and two beloved daughters. He was a proud Coug Dad and devoted fan of the Mariners and Seahawks.
Rick had a fantastic wit and sense of humor and loved a great laugh. If you needed an answer to anything, Rick could be counted on. His hard work and sacrifices for his family inspired us. He was a stubborn perfectionist and it showed in his woodwork, but he balanced this with a tender compassionate heart that we will forever remember. We love our "Mijo", Dad, Sweetie, "Dirkie", brother, and Uncle Rick. He will be missed beyond words.
Rick is survived by his wife, Nancy; daughters, Jessica Bumsted (Justin) of Spokane and Sarah Regalado of Redmond, WA; parents, Daniel and Elisa Regalado of Othello; brothers, Ron (Kathryn) of Bellevue, WA, Ed (Deanne) of Minot, ND, Charlie (Linda) of Spokane, Jerry (Stephanie) of Phoenix, AZ; and a sister, Kathy Alston (Jerry) of Temecula, CA. He also leaves behind 15 nephews and nieces and four grand-nieces.
Memorial service will be held at HAZEN & JAEGER FUNERAL HOME, 1306 N. MONROE ST. in Spokane on Saturday, March 5th at 11 AM.
In lieu of flowers the family requests that contributions be made to alsso.org in honor of Rick Regalado, to benefit local families with loved ones stricken with ALS.

So sorry to hear of Rick's passing. My condolences and prayers for you and the rest of your family.

I am very sorry to here of Rick's passing. I will lift up prayers for your family. It seems hardly a day goes by but what we here of this disease taking another life. Bless you.

So sorry to hear of your sweeties passing. My condolences and prayers to you at this time.

My condolences to you, Nancy. Sorry to hear your sweetheart has passed. Please try to take care of yourself during this time.

Nancy, your Rick sounds like such a dear man. My deepest sympathy and prayers are with you and your family.

Ann

Nancy, Thank you for letting us know the news regarding Rick. I'm very sorry for the family's loss. The care you gave to Rick during his illness made a world of difference! My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

I m so sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. Rick sounds like a cool guy.

Nancy, I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.

My heartfelt sympathy on your loss.

May the Lord comfort you and your family in your time of grief and loss.

Sorry for your loss Nancy.

AL.

Our hearts go out to you and yours. May happy memories sustain you for always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back