but forgive me for being speechless when I see him looking so sad

You couldn't walk, you couldn't talk, you had a bipap and a peg
But this isn't what I remember mother, it's everything before that
I miss your smile, I miss you singing, I hear you in my mind
I miss everything we shared and I will miss you all my life

I finished my degree mother, six months too late for you to see
I won't go to the ceremony, I can't, you're not with me
You live inside my heart now, a place you'll always be
And I'll do my best sweet mother, to make you proud of me.

That is absolutely beautiful...I have to admit tears were streaming down my face as I read it.

Keep strong. Anne

WHat a lovely poem! I am sure your Momm will enjoy reading it form her new ersting place. Cindy

What an awesome poem. I am not saying "your mom would have been so proud of you," instead I am saying your mom should be so proud of you, because I know she's already read it from up above. I deeply believe that our departed loved ones are by our side, day by day. God bless you!

Irma

Thank you Anne, Cindy and Irma for your lovely replies. It is so nice to have a place where we can come and share our deepest feelings and know we will be understood.
xxx

Beautiful poem Susan I know your mother is real proud of a daughter like you.
May God bless both of you.

Sincerely,

Paty
Baja California, Mexico
CALS to late husband Jorge

What a truly beautiful poem Susan. I lost my mum 2 months ago and the first 2 verses really ring true. Thank you for putting into words what many Cals who have lost their dearest ones are feeling.

Susan please do not despair i am sure your mom is beside you in spirit and she will never leave you.Yours and her love for each other will never die!Hugs for you.....Gina

When I read posts like these, I suddenly know what a mother or father would want. Your Mom wants you to enjoy your life and your family, Anne. I am convinced she will rest happier knowing that she is not causing you pain via her untimely death. Hugs, Cindy

Such a beautiful poem - words never truer said. I lost my mom October 23rd, and not a day passes I don't think of her, and just wish I could talk to her. It is so tragic to lose a loved one to this horrible disease.

I don't know what I will do without my mother, whenever she dies. It really is a gorgeous thing, this is, this love we have for these people and the fact that even though they are hooked up to tubes and can't do anything on they're own that we still love them the same amount (not that my mother is that way yet -- she's in the early stages but yet I'm still scared to lose her).

breeby, hi! I see you are a newcomer. I hate it when we get newcomers! I am not trying to make you feel unwelcomed, it is just the thought of this damn disease, "Als," taking our loved ones away. When is it going to end? I am going to make it short, feel free to ask questions, we are here to help. Your questions will never go unanswered! God bless you, and your loved one! Don't be a stranger, we'd love to hear from you! Prayers your way, dear!

Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back