• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

My sweet husband Tim lost his battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windy,

I know exactly how you feel. It will be 6 months tomorrow that my husband passed and I miss him very much. He was my best friend and soul mate, it is so hard to let go of them. I go to the cemetary every sunday and when I leave, I feel like he is with me. I'm just now at the point that I can talk about him without falling apart. The next couple of months are going to be so difficult trying to go through the holidays with out them.

Find someone that will just sit and listen, and let you repeat yourself over and over. I found myself replaying that day in my mind and repeating myself. Thank goodness for my sister, without her with me every step I wouldn't have made it this far.

Also, go to some grief sessions in your area, this will help you. I will be thinking about you and keep you in my prayers.

Mary Lou

Hello Mary Lou,
I was so excited to talk with you, I hope this finds you well, I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing...I will talk with you again...Just know that I am a phone call away;) Call if you need to talk.........
(((([[Hugs)))))
netty

We are so sorry to hear about your husband Tim's passing. Our hearts ache for you. We were married in August 28, 1998 just a few days after you guys. Rick was diagnosed Feb 1st of this year so we are finding it so difficult also. We can't imagine your pain right now. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Rick and Joan

Dear Windy please find someone to talk to at this time. It seems that we do all we can to prepare our PALs and not ourselves. It will be 7 months since I lost my husband and I still break down when someone brings it up but it is getting easier and the flatness that was there for so long is fading.

Please take care
Cheryl

I htink you also have to give yourself as much time as you need. DOn't be like me, comparing myself to others and thinking "I should be 'here' by now." You are exactly at the stage of grief you need to be for you.

Windy I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I am crying as I am typing because your post about you sitting at your husband's grave site reminds me of my mom. My dad passed in March 08 of ALS at the very young age of 59. She is struggling with "living" without my dad. You are entitled to go thru each and every emotion you are going thru. My mom has been thru so many emotions over the last 7 months and I knew it would be hard for her to loose him but had no idea just now horrible this would be for her. I mean, it has completely turned my world up side down because my daddy was my buddy but for her, it's a different type of grief. I wish there was no such thing as ALS, so many good people have been affected by this horrible disease. Please know I will be praying for you, I mean it, I will be praying....much love, Michelle Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back