Diagnosis
11/2017
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Georgetown
Sadly my dad passed away on April 27th/2018, a few weeks after his 76th birthday, seven months after his diagnosis in October 2017. My dad was a very active man right up to August 2017 when he really started to feel something wrong with his legs, arms and speech. Everything hit him at the same time, perhaps there were some minor symptoms earlier on, we don't know. We fought, we researched, we got him Edaravone (Radicava) but his ALS progressed so fast we never got a chance to figure out what was working.

His courage to fight but also maintain his dignity was incredible. His passing was peaceful, after losing so much, he was ready to go.

I will miss him terribly and he will live on in all the wonderful life lessons he gave to me and our family.

To all pALS I pray we find a cure for you, I know it will happen someday.

I'm sorry for the loss of your Dad. Whether the disease progresses quickly or follows a slow meandering path, the last lesson is shared much to fast. You will always miss your Dad's presence but will find comfort in the many wonderful memories he helped create for you.

My best...

Jim

I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad.

Very sorry about your dad. You sound like a tight family and you are right, he will live on in each of you, your whole lives through.

Best,
Laurie

I'm so sorry. I wish you comfort and peace.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Having a close family makes it easier to come to terms of this horrible disease, no matter how fast it progresses. As to the cure, I believe it should be dedicated to the ones for which the cure was not quick enough.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I am glad it was peaceful. He was lucky to have you

Sorry to hear of your losing your dad,sounds like he was an inspirational man.
Sending good thoughts your way

Sorry for your loss.

Angie

I am so sorry for your loss of your father but glad his passing was peaceful. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

I’m sorry for your loss. I’m glad he had a rich, full life and that his passing was peaceful.

My sincerest condolences are with you and your family. He was lucky to have you.

I am so sorry for the passing of your father. May he now be in peace. You and your family are in my prayers.

So sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dad. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Your father must have been really proud of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back