Status
Not open for further replies.
Ican, Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement.

And keep seeing that you’re asking has he have you been in the military. Is there some significance as to him being in the military? I myself spent 20 years in the Air Force and am interested to see if may be my veteran status can help me in some other way.

Thank you,
Mike.

Jake,

sorry to hear you are having problems. you have came to the right place for support.

scroll up the page to the link marked "new ALS clinic"

its in Lafayette La

Jake,
I have had on and off problems with whatever it is I have for the better part of the last four years. I have had several MRI's in the past three years with absolutely no diagnosis. My symptoms will flare up and then for the most part disappear in a month or two. Each time my symptoms come back they seem to get worse and worse. My main symptoms are a strange tired sensation in my hands and legs and pressure in the back of my head. It almost feels as though I have to concentrate very hard to do daily activities that shouldn't be difficult. In addition I feel very dizzy at times and get a crawling feeling in my calves. My symptoms seem to become much worse in the winter months when the temperature goes down and I am getting viruses more frequently but then completely disappear.Does this sound familiar to anyone? I simply don't know where to turn and feel very depressed about what is happening to me. I am not well but no doctors seem to believe me. Please help me! If you have any information or advice let me know. Thanks!

Jake,
I was diagnosed at the end of September and will attend my first clinic on Dec13th at Our Lady of Lourdes in Lafayette, LA. The people with the ALS Association in south LA have been awesome to us, they are headquartered in Baton Rouge but the clinics are in Lafayette, about 2 1/2 hours away from you I think. Let me know if you'd like the contact info.

My symptoms started similar to yours, around this time last year I thought I had hurt my right shoulder moving product out of a warehouse. It wasn't until the end of March that I noticed leg weakness(actually more tired and tense) and went to my doc in June. That started the process that ended in diagnosis by the neurologist who runs the clinic here.

This post from Jake was in 2007

WOW! How did it pop up as a "Live Topic", guess I should pay closer attention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back