PALS
Country
US
State
michigan
City
westland
Hello all...this is my first post
My sister has been living with ALS for over three years now......she now cannot use any of her limbs,her speech is very poor, I feel so bad when i cant understand her...she does not eat much of anything because she cannot chew or swallow....she does drink still...her breathing has become labored in the last couple of months ,she does not want a feeding tube or anything to help her breathe, this was all first decided by her when she was first diagnosed.This is a wonderful web site and I see we all go through alot of the same things.God Bless all the caregivers you are wonderful people.

bigswing4 welcome to the forum

I'm sorry to hear about your sister and I know you will find lots of encouragement and help if you keep visiting this site. There are many here going through the same things you are facing. Remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Many times it helps just to have someone else to talk about all these feelings and problems to, vent if you need to.

I myself have only been using this site for a short time, but have found it very helpful. I got my ALS diagnosis about 2 months ago now but had been having symptoms for past 2 years. One of the sites that was recommend to me that helped was found at this link: http://www.extrahands.org/alsprodguide.pdf

I hope you will come back often and look around and see that you are not alone. There are many of us on here who understand what you must be going through. I pray God will help you find the strength and encouragement that you need. God Bless.
AL
:-?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back