Jason's Dream

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
As Usual
City
On My Own
I'm not sure who will all remember me, as it has been some time since my Sweetheart died in 2011.

I am now over 3 years out into my new existence as a widow and mom to two beautiful little loves.

I did hire a moving truck and 2 guys and moved us back into Jason and I's house. That was indeed a blessing, and gave me more distance. I still take care of my parent's house, and yes, they moved 3 time zones away, and are still there. I still get very anxious on the inside about going to that town and possibly seeing any of Jason's family while there. Yes, they have still been hell. 3 years later and stealing the toys that our little loves placed on their Dadda's grave, and my love letters of over 2 years, off of his grave. I still haven't been able to save up to buy him a headstone, as money is incredibly tight. His family is still giving me hell on Facebook, by creating new identities and stealing my profile pictures of my babies. So now, I no longer use facial pictures on Facebook, to protect my little loves. They also like to still bash me on Facebook, by saying there is a special place in hell for me, or maybe my hell was losing Jason and never finding that again. Jason would roll over in his grave if he knew his nephew had threatened to break my leg, or key my van. All of that stemming from the muddled crap his sisters spew to their children as fact, but is a total load of crap.

New news, his egg-donor ("biological mom") died last year. I found out via obituary. They held a memorial service at the same funeral home that Jason's funeral was at, only she was cremated. With the fact that my babies had no memory of her, we weren't told she was terminal, or even asked if she could see my babies, and William remembering that this funeral was where his Dadda's funeral was at, the hostility from his sisters and aunts, I thought it best we not attend the memorial. Then still getting bashed that I didn't allow her to see the kids before she died, when I was never told she was ill, never called to ask if she could see them, etc.. only found out about her death in the obituary. Again, their logic is priceless.

His one aunt, still sends cards to the kids on their birthdays, with little notes to me, stating that I can't keep her from seeing them, which is a load of bull crap. She never asks to see them, or meet up, just gives this BS. So, I save the cards in a box for if they ever want to see them, but at this young age, they have no memory of her, and she doesn't ask to see them.

William is now a big 7 year old. He has lost 4 front teeth and working on his 5th loose tooth. He is quite smart and reminds me of his Dadda so much. His Dadda loved history, and William loves to learn about the Presidents. He can tell you the 1-9, 16, 23, 26, 32, 35, 41, 43-43 presidents and some facts about each one. He can tell you how many presidents died while in office, how many were assassinated or died of natural causes, how many presidents were not elected into office, how many father/son presidents we have and their names and numbers, how many grandfather/grandson presidents we have, their names and numbers, how many presidents were born on the fourth of July and their name(s), and how many presidents died on the fourth of July, their names, and their number of presidency. He can also tell you which president is on which currency, as well as the relationship between the Roosevelts. He can tell time, read quite well (10 letter words), two column addition and subtraction, dry measurements, linear measurements, how to write in cursive, and is also learning Spanish. He still loves trains, and we go on the Thomas the Train and Polar Express each year. He also likes anything with wheels, and so the last 2 years we have also added the Monster Jam to our venues as well.

Katie is now 4. She is potty-trained, and is in K3 now. She can tell you the 1st, 5th, 16th, and current president, as well as our state's current Governor. She knows her alphabet and the sounds of the letters, her phonetic blends, the 1 and 3 vowel rules, as well as the KC rule. She can also recognize her numbers and can count to 100 by 1's and 10's. She also knows her colors. She still struggles with her health. She sees her pediatric pulmonologist, pediatric cardiologist, and her pediatric gastroenterologist regularly. She has a Strong's murmur, a P.F.O., as well as Lung Disease, Asthma and seasonal allergies that really create havoc for her Asthma, as well as an enlarged colon. She constantly keeps me on my toes, but is so stubborn, so spirited and full of life, and so ornery. She definitely would have had Jason wrapped around her little fingers.

With both of them in school, I have worked out a barter system with her school, that their tuition is free, and then I work there as the Preschool/Elementary/Middle School/ High School Art Teacher, as well as give Art lessons after school, in which then their after-care at the school is free for my babies, as I also help other students trying to work on Fine Arts projects and assignments. I have really enjoyed becoming an Art Teacher, and my students love me.

This past week, I went to a funeral of a friend of mine who lost her husband of 3 months to complications from a surgery. He was 29 and she was 28. It was so hard to go to the funeral, knowing the hell she has endured and the journey she is now on. As my heart was heavy for her, I came back to my little love's school, and walked into my classroom, and was met with , "Mrs. Miley!" and lots of clapping, as several students greeted me with hugs, and one little boy (who has not really been interested in Art) took the time to take the lessons I had taught his class the previous week and done those same patterns and such in a heart drawing and gave it to me, saying he drew it just for me. <3

Definitely rewarding, and being so close to my little loves during the day, as well as, should Katie have health concerns, or William wanting to run up and give me a hug and get a kiss from his Momma. They are both proud that their Momma teaches at their school, and I think it is comforting that I am there at the school, within feet of where they are. It also allows us to have summers free to go to the Zoo, take our bikes down to local state parks and do picnics and such.

I still haven't been able to move Jason, as money is indeed tight. I do feel guilty about all that, and the fact that I just don't have the funds for his head stone, but knowing his heart, I know he would want me to take care of our little loves.

They are definitely thriving where we are, the school loves on our babies, and they give their teachers hugs and their teachers, in turn, hug and love on them as their own. <3

Would love to hear how you are doing on your grief journey and how your life has changed as well.

*hugs* and much love, my friends. <3

I did not know you back when you were caring for Jason.

But I've now sat and read back through some of your threads both when you were Jason's CALS and after he passed and I feel like I've begun to get to know someone I would be proud to call my sister in pain.

I can't understand why some family use grief as an excuse to cause incredible pain to others, but it happens too often.

Somehow I've found that I examine myself carefully and my motives for things and try hard to hold back from reacting to things so that I can instead respond. Then I can sleep well at night knowing who I am and what I do. If others can't then I don't give energy to their problems.

NOT easy when they try to bring children in on it all, but I think you are doing so well by just living your life in a way that holds your Jason, their dadda, up to them with respect and dignity. I've found that things always 'come out in the wash' and your children will grow up and they will form their own adult opinions about Jasons family and even about you. You are allowing them to grow up in a beautifully nurturing environment and you won't have to fear what conclusions they come to as adults.

How beautiful that you are teaching art and not only that, you are making a personal impact on the children you teach.

One thing I've learned is that we remember very little of what we actually learn at school so far as the curriculum, but we do learn and remember how we felt about ourselves as a result of the type of person each of our teachers were. This is the most important gift you give to each of those children.

I have been given a gift by learning a little about Jason and your family through this post and my reading back on old posts. Thank you for that!

This place will always be a home for you to come back to and talk with those of us who 'get it'.

I remember. You are a lot tougher than you thought. Seems like what your doing is just so right. You should be so proud of yourself. You can't change other people. Only how you react to them. Good job girl&#55357;&#56842;

I didn't know you then either, but know the pain you still feel. Raising two young children without that family support must be so hard- but sounds like you are succeeding well, despite the obvious difficulties! Good for you.

Hi Becca, (right?) I was here though we didn't talk much back in the day and I remember you well. I am sorry things are still so tough for you with his family. I am proud of you though that you have risen above all that crap and are focused on your two beautiful children. they are lucky to have such a strong good mom.
3 years, my gosh how time flies. I hope that you are feeling peace with your new life, and I pray it will only get better and better. I know Jason is watching over all of you!

Barbie

Hi Becca! Yes indeed, I do remember you very well! Annie and I were dealing with the end stage of this disease at about the same time as you and Jason. I know how much you must miss him. I'm very glad you dropped in, though sorry to hear about your family woes. I do very much hope things improve. I'm especially glad to hear about the school arrangements for your children. I hope you'll stick around and keep us updated.

Much grace and peace to you, Becca.

Phil

Becca, I also remember you well and (honestly) have thought of you often. Your devotion to your husband remains admirable. My boys are older than your kiddos, but it was comforting to know others dealing with this with younger kids around. My husband passed in December 2010. We are doing ok, but it really is hard sometimes being "it". I know you can relate - absolutely everything rests/falls on your shoulders. Often, there is no one to even bounce a thought or idea off of. I am learning to trust my "gut feelings" more and more. We have very very little contact with my former in laws for various reasons. So many little things happened during the course of his illness - in addition to me finding out how he gave them the impression I was an incompetent idiot - I went through all his old emails later (he had to give me the password since his email was tied to our DSL account and we were having problems). I try not to drag my kids into the bitterness - just keep them focused on our lives and remind myself that obsessing with people that aren't important to us is wasted energy. Fortunately, there were never any threats or public nastiness. Let's just say I would not react well to that. We would probably end up on the news. I feel very badly that you are going through this; the whole thing has been hard enough.

From your post, it sounds like you are doing everything you can to make the situation the best you can. You can do it. You are doing it. One foot in front of the other. Let them waste their energy, not you waste yours.

I try to keep this thought in my mind "Everything will be alright in the end... if it's not alright, then it's not yet the end". It keeps me going when times are tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back