jennibf

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
AL
City
Centreville
Today was a visit with the neurologist. I am so thankful I got in so quickly. They noted my brisk reflexes, did a lot of whispering in the hallway (his nurse practitioner and the doctor) and ordered tons of bloodwork, read my MRI, bone scan and schedule another MRI of my lower spine and the EMG and Nerve test. All of these are within the next week and a half. The doctor assured me that the EMG machine is one of the most up to date and that he would be there for a lot of it. Yippee.

I didn't ask him to speculate but he did a little. He said it was definitely not MS, he mentioned that it could be something with my lower spine but that he was concerned about the fasciculations (and he called them that, I kept calling them "twitches") being widespread over my body. My husband was there and told him I had some in my face the other day. So the EMG is on my lower body and the left side of my upper body.

He said my reflexes were very brisk and my protein level was low but we didn't discuss it. He ordered blood work for everything under the sun that the other doctor didn't order-b12, carbon dioxide, creatine, etc. (two pages worth)

The blood work that was ordered all said they were checking for peripheral neuropathy and myo something or other....I wrote it down but am too tired to go look for it right now :)

He circled epilepsy on my check out sheet but told me he was doing that for insurance. ha.ha.ha.

So I really like him, actually met him when my father-in-law had a stroke about four years ago and he has strong ties with my husband's family and I think I will get great care there.

So there is what we have so far. NOBODY MENTIONED ALS THANK GOD.

Well that's certainly good news that they didn't throw it at you as a possibility.

AL.

Wonderful! It's terrific when you get a really smart, caring doctor.

Good luck on all those tests. I m hoping you get good answers!

Jenni,

I'm glad you had a pleasant neuro appointment. It was funny to hear you say "twithces" and avoid the fasciculation word.:-D

I'm sure your doctor will get to the bottom fo what has been troubling you and you may not even have to wait very long for your answer.

Thanks for updating us!

Zaphoon

Hi I am new and definitely need help

Hi to everyone----My name is Isabella and I have been reading your postings which have given me a lot of insight about NMD and what I might be in for. I have been so depressed about the possibly of an ALS diagnosis that I can barely THINK straight. I really need to talk with others like you with some of the same symptoms and this forum seems perfect--you all seem to really support and care for each other. I am just so SCARED about what is happening to my body. I don't even know how to post a new message (can't figure it out) is why I am replying to this. Can someone just tell me in a nutshell how to post messages and maybe view albums?
Thanks so much,
Isabella

isabella

in the top left hand of the forum is post new thread in green, hit that and you can tell your story...

or when in doubt use the FAQ tab up above and look at general forum usage. It explains a lot.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back