CALS
Country
Ger
State
NRW
City
Cologne
Hi everyone,
a friend of mine gave me the link to the site here.
My mum was told last week that she's suffering from ALS. We already assumed it, but hearing the doc really say it was devastating.
Last summer the symtoms started, she had problems talking and the muscles started to become weaker.
The first time she fell down was five years ago. Since then her left leg became weaker and weaker, but it was the sort of 'attack' she had last summer that suggested ALS. First the docs thought she had had a stroke, but now they're quite sure it's ALS.
We are desperate and I cry all the time. For me it's unbearable to think of what she will have to go through, especially since the doc told us there was no cure. I have no idea how to cope with it.

Hi Neph,

So sorry about your Mum. You are in shock and it will take a bit of time to learn to deal with this.

I see you are in Germany. I do not know about ALS/MND associations in Europe, but hopefully they exist and you can contact them for information and support. Perhaps someone else on the forum will be able to help in that regard.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of PALS and CALS that are very helpful. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Someone will most likely know the answer.

Hi Neph, welcome! Sorry you had to look us up. God bless your mom! You came to the right place to look for answers, advice, ideas, etc. This forum consists of a bunch of nice, helpful members (Pals and Cals.) You just ask whatever your heart desires, and you will be helped. God bless!

Irma

Hi,
thank you so much for your replies and for being there. It's so hard to face it and I'm so scared of what is about to happen.
All the best, and take care
Neph

neph, so nice to hear from you again. I agree with you, it is a hard task to face a situation like the one you are presently facing. I like you, shook, trembled, cried, went crazy, hit the floor with my fists, until they looked bruised, and asked over and over, "Lord, why? Why him? Why me? Why us?" I cried for days neph, and I didn't eat a bite for days as well. I could not sleep. Let me tell you, I felt and looked bad, really bad! I threw myself ay my Father's mercy. I cried out for Him, and I begged Him to help me. I knew it was not going to happen overnight, but by doing so, day in/day out, I felt the warmness of His embrace, and I gradually started to face this dreadful disease, the sad situation, and begged God, (please help me pull through.) I knew that I was going to experience a lot of pain, I asked Him to give it to me a liitle bit at a time. God, what other way is there to put it? Am I sounding like a nut? God bless all!

Irma

Welcome to the forum, NEPH, although I am sorry to here about your Mom. It takes time to adjust, but we will be here for both of you at every step of the way. Cindy

Feel the same

Irma is right I felt every emotion she described in her post, my husband was just diagnosed 4-23-28. I too did not eat, cried every day, angry with God (my mom had passed a year ago she was my best friend next to my husband) I thought what did I do to deserve this. I am a giving person and take care of everyone. My husband and I are good people. My sister witnessed my melt down one morning- crying uncontrollably, hitting the walls, rocking, shouting at God "Why?" We're all scared so don't feel alone. I never in my life thought I would have to face something like this. Write me anytime. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back