Reason
Other
Country
US
State
ky.
City
louisville
Hi guys, I was going to wait to post this after my Neurosurgeon apt. but who knows how long that will be and a couple of you have asked in pm's about my MRI, so I will tell you what I know. The nurse from my DR. office is the only one I have spoke with so not many details. They found a tumor {probably benign} at c3 c4 which is causing a pretty good size protrusion there and some degenerate disc changes from c5 - c7. She told me the DR. is sending me to surgeon and he will probably want to MRI my complete spine because these kind tumors have a way of being in more than one spot. My blood work was a little troublesome with elevated WBC and a thing called a D-DIMER. The d-dimer has been a question mark for a little over a year. It is a test to check for blood clots but I was told a year ago it could show you that there is a tumor somewhere. They checked me out last year and found nothing. A normal D-DIMER level is .5 last year mine was 1.1 and now is 1.9, so really just high. I don't know much more than this, even though Write had been helpful in a PM. I wondered about hand atrophy from c3 and 4 or if it effects legs, Write said legs, yes. Hands, no. So I guess I am just waiting for apt. Thanks for all your concern and you all are in my prayers.

Thanks for keepping us in the loop. Take care.

AL.

Thanks from me, too for the update. I was wondering how your MRI had gone. Answers are good, aren't they?

Zaphoon

Oh yeah, I wanted to ask if anyone knows if this problem could be the cause of all the twitching?

Renee, thanks for the update, but I'm not going to be any help with understanding how to sort it all out. If there is any sort of tumor pressing on your spine it would explain a lot though. Maybe Wright will be mulling this over and get back to you with some more thoughts on it. ((hugs))

Renee,
Bless your heart, I'm glad you got some answers, and will certainly keep you in my prayers.
take good care,
hugs,
brenda

I hope you get the best care and that they are able to make you 100% again. I know that when they test for ALS they only do an MRI of the cervical spine and not the whole spine. If you have c anything that means you have compression in your cervical area, neck area.. This can cause upper motor neuron signs, it can also cause a lot of muscle and reflex issues. Sam

Dear Renee,

Sending a (((hug))). I have you in my prayers. I am sure the doctors will know about the twitching, but the waiting is horrible. I wish I had the answer.

Will be praying for you Renee. Take care.

Hi guys, I was going to wait to post this after my Neurosurgeon apt. but who knows how long that will be and a couple of you have asked in pm's about my MRI, so I will tell you what I know. The nurse from my DR. office is the only one I have spoke with so not many details. They found a tumor {probably benign} at c3 c4 which is causing a pretty good size protrusion there and some degenerate disc changes from c5 - c7. She told me the DR. is sending me to surgeon and he will probably want to MRI my complete spine because these kind tumors have a way of being in more than one spot. My blood work was a little troublesome with elevated WBC and a thing called a D-DIMER. The d-dimer has been a question mark for a little over a year. It is a test to check for blood clots but I was told a year ago it could show you that there is a tumor somewhere. They checked me out last year and found nothing. A normal D-DIMER level is .5 last year mine was 1.1 and now is 1.9, so really just high. I don't know much more than this, even though Write had been helpful in a PM. I wondered about hand atrophy from c3 and 4 or if it effects legs, Write said legs, yes. Hands, no. So I guess I am just waiting for apt. Thanks for all your concern and you all are in my prayers.

Spinal tumor symptoms have pain as the most obvious symptom.. it might feel like it comes from many different limbs or locations, because the tumor can press on nerves. I dont know about the twitches part, but i've read that it can make limbs go spasm.. .. not tiny little twitches, but big jolts that you sometimes experience just before falling asleep.

Take care. Im sure you will be allright!

If they still think that one thing we discussed in a PM is a possibility, have they talked about doing an MRI of your upper lung / brachial plexus region?

An entire MRI of your spine is fine but an MRI of the upper lung / brachial plexus . . . in my opinion . . . is just as important.

Regarding your twitching: impingement of any nerve at any area of a nerve can cause twitching. Therefore, a growth in the cervical region could explain twitching in the muscles that the nerve roots in that region innervate but couldn't explain twitching elsewhere. I don't recall where you are twitching, though.

Compression of the spinal cord . . . even in the cervical region . . . can cause painless leg weakness but wouldn't cause twitches in your leg muscles. Again, I don't recall if you have twitches in your legs. If you do, those twitches could simply be benign twitches because of the stress (both mental and physical) you have been going through over the last year.

Remain hopeful that you will get your answers soon. Take care.

My wife has a cavernous hemangioma tumor on her spinal cord. She was told there is nothing they can do for as operating on this. So far it has caused her pain only.
Hopefully, what they found in your MRI will be something that will cause no lasting problems?
I pray for a good report. Hang in there my friend.

Thanks

Everyone for your kind words, thoughts, prayers and answers. I am remaining positive and going to keep my chin up. Write, I do have some deep twitches in my upper leg, thought maybe because I have been limping with the hip pain? Thanks again everyone and have a great weekend.

nuerosurgion apt

Hi guys, found out my surgeon apt. is next Thursday, He is suppose to be one of the best. I am having the most problem with breathing right now and sleep about 14 hrs a day. The doc feels this is part of the same problem, I guess we will see Thursday. I really thank you all so much for your support and I think about you guys all the time and keep you all. Have a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back