Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
NJ
City
So. Plainfield
My brave mother, Akilia, passed away from complications of ALS on August 31.

She had a bit of dementia (due to ALS?), but never complained. She would fall; she would choke. I used to practically carry her into doctors' offices. She always had an upbeat attitude.

She had her funeral, and I requested donations to ALS research rather than flowers.

ALS not only made HER a stronger person, it changed my life as well.

My sincere sympathy to you and your family. May your heart be blessed with wonderful memories of your mother and her strength to battle this awful disease.
Keep the faith,
Respectfully,
brenda

Chris, I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a remarkable woman ... and you have been a remarkable caregiver.

She was blessed to have you in her life.

Stay strong,
BethU

Very sorry for the loss of your mother. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Take care.

AL.

Dear Chris,
I am so sorry to read that you have lost your mother. She sounded like a strong woman, and that you were a blessing to her during her illness. I will be thinking about you and say prayers for your mom and for you.
Laurel

Chris,

Very sorry about your mother. May she rest in peace...

sincere sympathy!

So very sorry for the loss of your Mother. That was a wonderful idea about in lieu of flowers, donations to ALS. I am sure she is very proud of that idea!

Take care and get rest.

chrismaya, may your dear Mother rest in peace. I know it is very hard to lose a loved one, but think of the peace she has found. My condolences to you and your family. God bless!

Irma

I am sorry for you loss, Chrismaya. Please write and tell us more about how you are doing when you feel up to it. Cindy

Chrismaya, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I know words just are empty at times like these. I hope this picture helps a little. It is my way of saying God loves you and we do too.
Jesusgreetingsm.jpg

Last edited:
Before you even ask Capt. Al, I have no idea where your picture went.

AL.

oops. Lost an angel there. Here is it's replacement.
Angels.gif

So sorry to hear about your mother. She sounds like she was a very strong and inspirational woman, may she rest in peace.

I am so sorry that your Mom died. You are in my thoughts and prayers, her braveness through this speaks volumes about her.
Again, my deepest sympathy
Jeannie

THANK YOU, EVERYONE!

I feel such a connection and such a commitment to fighting the disease of ALS. I will continue to visit this page. God bless you all.

I can't explain how *I* feel like a totally different person after caring for a person with ALS. It was so life-changing for me. So horrible, yet so beautiful at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back