Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Phoenix
My mom is 57, has rhemotoid arthritis but has been able to manage it pretty well until recently. The last 3 months her back is in so much pain she ends taking a couple hot baths each night because that’s all that seems to help. About a month ago she noticed her foot hurting. Now, she can’t lift her toes up all the way on her right foot, can’t walk on her heel on that foot and her foot slaps a little when she walks. So naturally, I’m scared ahe could have als because of the weakness in her foot. The last week she has had “cramping” that shoots up in right left and sometimes her foot feels “numb”.

:(

That is not ALS. Her rheumatologist is the best person to evaluate whether her R foot problems are related to RA or should be checked out further, and seeing your mom again can also help determine whether her RA treatment should be changed.

Best,
Laurie

That is not ALS. Her rheumatologist is the best person to evaluate whether her R foot problems are related to RA or should be checked out further, and seeing your mom again can also help determine whether her RA treatment should be changed.

Best,
Laurie
She saw her PCP today and she referred her to a rheumatologist because she hasn’t seen one in years and also said for her to see a neurologist about her foot.

That's great Chantel - now you can let the doctors follow the processes they need to figure things out. RA sounds far more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back