anne

Distinguished member
Country
CA
State
ontario
City
unionville
I am really sad to say this but my mom passed away on Friday September 21. I am in shock.

My mom was diagnosed with motorneuron disease with bulbar symptoms on June 2006. She never lost her mobility and fine motor skills which I am rather relieved with. She was able to write us messages up until a few short hours before her passing.

She was taken to the ICU on September 18th and was unable to be off of the oxygen for any length of time. Unfortunately Thursday she took a turn for the worse. She was given morphine to help her. Even with morphine she had moments where she was rather aggravated, I think she could not decide if she wanted to leave us. However it was her time to go with my dad and my brother whom she had not been with for 36 years. She then peacefully passed. I am thankful that I was there the entire 3 1/2 days during her journey to heaven.

Treasure every moment because they only become memories. ....

God Bless you all,

Anne
UNIONVILLE, ONTARIO

Oh Anne...My heart goes out to you. Your Mom was so lucky to have you (and you her). I lost my husband in July.

Thank you for letting us know. Sending you peace during this tough time..
Beth (former CALS to husband Shannon)

Anne, may God bless you, dear! Your post brought me to tears. It is not easy to read these posts. It is not easy, because most of them are heartbreakers, but I just can't walk away from this forum. I may not be the best when it comes to try to be of some help, but it makes me feel so much better when I try to be there for my friends, Pals and Cals! May your sweet mother rest in peace. Keep us posted. Our Father will lead you through this. Prayers your way, hon!

Irma

luna, hi! I remember when I read your post about Shannon's passing, and I told you I have a son named Shannon! How are you doing, dear? Prayers!

Irma

May god bless you and your family

Thanks for taking the time to let us know Anne during this difficult time. Our thoughts are with you.
AL.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I'm sorry to hear of your mom's passing.

Anne,
My Prayer go out to you that God will grant you overwhelming peace and understanding and will take you through this with His steady hand.
God be with you,
Nicki

Thank you all for your kind words. Anne

I am sorry for your loss, Anne. Please keep in touch with us as you grieve the loss of your Mom. Cindy

Anne, I am so sorry for your families loss. It sounds like to me that you were a wonderful daughter and care giver. The Lord carries us sometimes. Just like He carried your Mom home. I lost my Mom in '97 and still miss her. Alzemhiers. I would not wish her back...but I sure could use a hug occasionally. I go to my flower bed were she loved to be and feel that hug, smell her beauty and see her in the beautiful blooms. Of course your Mom lives on in your life and heart. My prayers are with you and yours. Please stop in to the forum and let us know how you all are. God blessed you! Sherry

Anne, I am very sorry for your loss. I wish you the very best and my heart goes out to you at this sad time. Terry

Anne,

So sorry you lost you Mom. Hope you and your family will find peace, just as your Mom has.

Your not going to believe this....

My Dad, age 59, passed away on September 21st too. Of ALS.

I completley know what you are going through, and to be honest, I think I am still in a surreal place...

Feel free to PM me if you would like to chat.

My prayers are with you....

newtothis,

I'm very sorry you lost your Dad. I wish you and your family good thoughts. Hope you will find peace as he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back