Diagnosis
12/2012
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittsburgh
My mom passed away on December 21st. She was going on day 13 of no tube feedings. I haven't been able to come back to the forum for a while, and I apologize for that. I guess I've been trying to make sense of the last 4 difficult months of her life, and I'm still as confused as ever. She was diagnosed almost exactly 2 years ago with bulbar-onset, got a peg tube almost immediately and was still getting around with her rolling walker until this past August, when she fell and broke her hip. She had a hip replacement, went to a nursing home for rehab, and never came home again. She had been getting more and more confused before her fall (she was 87), and between the fall and the general anesthesia, she never came back mentally to where she had been. The last 4 mos have been spent with her moaning nearly constantly, and confused even though I was with her every day. She didn't have any breathing problems that were apparent, and I have a feeling if she hadn't broken her hip, she would still be here today. I'm sad about so many things, but I am so happy that she didn't have to live with this disease any longer. Thanks to all of you who listened and helped me, I don't think I could've gotten thru these last 2 years without this forum. I feel like I've been on a roller coaster ride thru hell. My life will never be the same. My mom would've been 88 next month - I am so relieved that she did not reach that birthday here on earth, suffering with this disgusting disease.

Trina

Trina I am so very sorry for your loss and for your mother's suffering. I hope you can find peace and comfort now that she is free

Sending prayers of comfort and love during your grieving. Very sorry for your loss.

Trina, I'm so sorry for your pain and hope that you find peace in knowing that your mom is now free.

So sorry that your mom went through the pain of a broken hip and this horrific disease. May she now be in peace.

Trina, you have earned your wings for being a devoted daughter- especially since it was so difficult to see her confused and in pain! She is free now and you can rejoice in that through the pain of loss. Hugs to you.

So sorry Trina. She is no longer suffering.

Janie

I'm so sorry Trina, this disease takes the best in the worst way.

I hope you find true peace in yourself soon.

Trina, you were such a good and strong daughter and cals. I am so sorry for your loss and wish you peace and happiness.

Barbie

I was so sorry to read about the loss of your mother Trina. You were a wonderful caring daughter to her. I hope that you experience peace in knowing that she is no longer suffering anymore. I hope beautiful memories of your mother before ALS comfort you. Hugs, Kim

Trina, she was so fortunate that you were there for her always. Take some time to feel that the roller coaster has stopped. Much peace and strength to you and your family.

--Laurie

I am so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. Take comfort in knowing she is in a better place now. Peace and strength to you and yours.

you were such a wonderful daughter, she was blessed to have you there for her

we never forget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back