Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Snowball,
Welcome to the forum I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw you were from Saskatchewan just like me. I wonder if your close to Moose Jaw. I have met so many wonderful people here as you will too and learned so much that you definitly picked the right group to talk to. I think its awesome that your mom wants to still continue to cook and do the everyday things and she will decide when the time is that she cant do this anymore. People will try to tell her differnet but if the feeling is right from what youve said your mother is a very strong willed person and that is something you need to be when you become a part of ALS. My friend is the same way and is still living on his own although every home care worker and nurse has told him he should be with someone but until hes ready he will continue to call the shots. If you need any help on how the ALS society works here you can email them and ask for Lorraine she is very good and maybe one time we could get together to discuss things if your having a bad day or just need someone to talk to especially since your husband is away at this time. For all I know you could be my neighbor and I wouldnt know it because like you will soon find out not to many people talk about ALS and some dont even know what it is. I am so happy you found this forum it is going to make such a difference for you just like it did for me. Welcome again.
Kim
ALS About Loving Someone

Re:

[quote:ab6329dabc="Mike27"]
Now...how 'bout a chicken parmesan recipe from your mom? I love it!
[/quote:ab6329dabc]

What is chicken parmesan?

If you mean parmesan cheese, that's bad stuff for people with ALS. Naturally very high in unbound glutamate.

I avoid cheese. I consider parmesan cheese the worst kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back