• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

My Love, my life is now gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janice,

I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad that his passing was peaceful, and he'd let you know he was ready to go... My heart goes out to you!

I want to thank you all for your kind words of support. This forum certainly was a life saver for me many times when faced with dealing with the progression of ALS. You all came through for me in my time of want and need and for that I again thank you. I'm still in shock, it just wasn't supposed to be this soon. But, Dean never did fit a mold and always marched to his own drummer. He was not a happy person this past year as ALS slowly took over his independence. When he had to have help "wiping" I could tell from his demeanor that it was the last straw for him. I hate this disease as it robs the person you love of their dignity, their independence, their ability to truly express their feelings. Right now I'm at the "if only" stage of my grief but I pray everyday that I can soon move on to the happy memories, the better times. God gave us 41 years together and there are many, many wonderful memories that I will be able to heal with. God Bless you all in your battle with this disease, be you a PALS or a CALS. It is truly a battle for everyone involved. Again thank you for being here....Hugs and Love. Janice

May you find peace and comfort knowing he is now at peace. I am sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back