Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
ct
City
stratford
Jay passed on August 9th while in hospice at the hospital. His breathing starting getting bad the week before. He never had any trouble breathing until August 1st. My heart breaks that he didn't pass at home where I always told him he would be. But on August 4th I woke up to realize that he didn't call for me all night. When I saw him his lips were white and his blood pressure was super low. I called an ambulance because I thought maybe there was something that could be fixed. But there wasn't. And I feel so guilty that I didn't transport him home but he wasn't good at all. They had to keep increasing the morphine. My love is gone and I will forever miss him. Thank you all for the help and support that you've provided.

I'm so sorry.

Jay knew how much you cared for him and he would know that whenever he was last conscious. Don't feel guilty-- it will take a while but you will remember the kindness and strength that you showed, and the good times, more than how he passed on.

Best,
Laurie

How my heart breaks for you. I know this ws a difficult process for you during the illness but I always admired your strength. I am glad you found good advice in this forum. Thinking of you on this new stage of recovery for yourself. Hugs.

I am very sorry for your loss. You were a fabulous CALS. Peace and comfort to you as Jay flies free

I'm so very sorry for your loss xxx

We all have an ideal way in mind as to how and where we would like our PALS to pass. After reading the posts on this forum, I've realized we don't get to decide. If it happens peacefully, consider yourself lucky. Don't feel guilty. I'm hoping you can find peace in the future and look back to the things that were good in life.

Rob

Jays, I'm so very sorry for your loss. You did everything you could. My thoughts are with during this difficult time.

Hugs,

Sue

So sorry for your loss! No regrets, you did the best that you could. May peace be with you.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Hugs!

Sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

Angie

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts go with you...

Jim

From reading your posts you were a great CALS and wife, I am sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs, Kim

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

I am so sorry. I am dealing with this pain as well. Every day is a challenge I think I have been crying since the moment he was diagnosed. All I can think of is that we all are here temporarily and there will be a time were we will meet again.
Many hugs to you and your family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back