My Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much Linda. I love your horse! Andy is still hanging in there. I must say, that he is up to 90 mg of morphine an HOUR plus 1 mg Ativan every 4 hours. He's had nothing but this and water for a week. He still opens his eyes and communicates with us! He raises his eyebrows for yes and shakes his head for no (limb onset). I keep asking him, "what are you still doing awake?" We can tell if he gets agitated (looks like he's struggling for a breath). That's when we are told to increase the morphine by 10. He told us all before we started the morphine that he was "ready to go." This is happening in Gods time. Not his, mine, or anyone elses. Pray for his kids, Jessica, 15, and James, 14, Kasey, 13, and my Shannon, 12. His heart is strong and young. We were told that the worse case scenario is 2 weeks, and it has been 1. I've been reading him all of his friends comments from his Facebook page, along with the emails I receive. I will still hold the phone to his ear when his family calls. We play his favorite music and will watch tv together. His kids are camping out in the room. Jamie moved his xbox in there, and they are comfortable snuggling up and talkiing to him. There isn't much else to do. We've had our moments of grief and our moments of hilarity. Sometimes his eyes crinkle like he's laughing. I don't know what else to do. Hope this makes sense. We're all pretty loopy.

Thinking of you!

Thank you so much Linda. I love your horse! Andy is still hanging in there. I must say, that he is up to 90 mg of morphine an HOUR plus 1 mg Ativan every 4 hours. He's had nothing but this and water for a week. He still opens his eyes and communicates with us! He raises his eyebrows for yes and shakes his head for no (limb onset). I keep asking him, "what are you still doing awake?" We can tell if he gets agitated (looks like he's struggling for a breath). That's when we are told to increase the morphine by 10. He told us all before we started the morphine that he was "ready to go." This is happening in Gods time. Not his, mine, or anyone elses. Pray for his kids, Jessica, 15, and James, 14, Kasey, 13, and my Shannon, 12. His heart is strong and young. We were told that the worse case scenario is 2 weeks, and it has been 1. I've been reading him all of his friends comments from his Facebook page, along with the emails I receive. I will still hold the phone to his ear when his family calls. We play his favorite music and will watch tv together. His kids are camping out in the room. Jamie moved his xbox in there, and they are comfortable snuggling up and talkiing to him. There isn't much else to do. We've had our moments of grief and our moments of hilarity. Sometimes his eyes crinkle like he's laughing. I don't know what else to do. Hope this makes sense. We're all pretty loopy.

Pam and Andy, I woke up this morning and thought of you first thing... Please know that you and your family are on so many people's minds at this time. I wish i could do more than just tell you that... My concern is very real. I have 6 children and a sweet husband and lots of friends.. I worry about them when my time comes. i want them to be at peace with my returning to my Heavenly Father. I want them to celebrate my life. I want their sorry to be short and good memories long.... I pray for God to comfort all of you at this time. Big Hugs, Linda

Pam,

We are praying for you, Andy and the kids. I hope you can find some comfort knowing how many prayers are being said for you.

Dana

May our heavenly Father be with your family in a special way during this time.

Update

I posted two new links in the Memoriam thread. One is a slide show and the other is the article that is running in todays paper. It's under the title "To Honor Andy Guest."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back