Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
th
State
phuket
City
patong
the bulk of MY life story is here my diagnosis and living with als This_is_MY_life • View topic - This is MY life

because i have lost the login and recovery details it continues on this page mylifestory.forumer.com • View topic - MY life story

27Oct...think I have eaten my last soggy tuna sandwich for dinner
because i can't use my tongue very much it's difficult to manipulate food to the back of my mouth and then down my throat
it becomes a mush with some sticking to my false teeth plate and some going in areas i don't have teeth anymore
so from now on my dinner will be either chicken in mushroom sauce for as long as i can still get it down ok...or soup :-[ which the girls can put down the feeding tube and save me the trouble of having to swallow it
all very depressing as i really like food

i did say i would take it 1 day at a time now as each day is an ordeal and frustrating and i wouldn't have anymore aims but a close member of my family has a major event on December 12th and i would like to know the outcome...so I hope to be around for that

I hope you are too Punkin. I know it's hard and no fun to put it mildly. Wishing I could give you a gentle hug.

Yes, lostin, one day at a time, that is the best we can do. Glad you are here today to share with us...:)......Hugs

Glad you checked in with us!

If your girls can get the right consistency for you to swallow without much difficulty, they could use a V i t a m i x blender to pretty much puree anything you would like to taste. Then if it was too taxing for you to swallow much of it, they could thin it with broth to put through the tube. You can order the afore mentioned blender over the N e t.

I assume your tube problem was fixed. I don't remember seeing an update.

Hang in there Lostin. I hope things go better tomorrow for you. I will be thinking about you and wishing you the best.

Hey buddy I sure know how you feel about food, been almost 2 years since I ate food.
Keep on one day at a time and december will be here before you know it. Take care

Can you put food you enjoy in the blender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back