Status
Not open for further replies.
Love you Kay

Oh Kay, how scary for you. I’m glad they got it figured out quickly and you are here to tell the tale.

I’ve been giving Brian pineapple juice and it seems to work better than the mucinex for him. Could add a bit to your routine and see.

Hugs

both my sister and caregiver said there was no immediate sign I was not breathing. It wasn't until tears rolled down cheeks they realized it wasn't positioning.
I was silent and stiff and not responding to questions. Eye blink is all I got.

we have list they go through and breathing is first. They skipped because I did not respond. Couldn't open my eyes. Thankfully my expert caregiver figured it out quickly.
they both said it looked way different from normal choking.

yes, we laugh together after all is well. My sister is amazing in her care. She spends half of every month here with me. And she loves the soup she was enjoying! :D

Maybe the first thing needs to be blink if your breathing is ok then.

I know COsister is amazing and I have to ask what kind of soup??

Definitely COsister needs to give us the recipe for that soup.

Maybe the signal needs to be that if something seems to be wrong the first question from whoever is with you needs to be - blink at me if this is NOT an emergency? That way they can check if you can respond or not.

We are all glad you are telling the tale for sure xx

Kay says I better weigh in here. It is a terrible thing that I was watching the event happen, finishing my soup (an Italian minestrone, vegetable thing I like to make for Kay's son). Anyway, I was watching expert Keyla handle what we thought was a painful spine issue, usually it's the neck from the wobbly head. Sometimes it helps to have a person looking at the alignment. Kay was making a high-pitched kind of cry, one tone, eyes squinted shut, so not getting any eye blinks on our questions, with tears. So if it ever happens again, first question, can you breathe? I think she may not be able to respond. Maybe we just assume, not. Do the fold forward, back pound, and get moving to cough assist (which always has to be ready to go!). I got her pineapple juice. We'll see if it helps. Laughter has got us through for 5 years now. Not sure how she keeps smiling. Later I told her not to interrupt us, unless she was choking to death again. Hoping we don't have this event repeating. Looking for more bonus time this Thanksgiving week with my sister. Thank you forum support friends -- although I don't write much, I read and follow your stories. Appreciate all the advice always.

Minestrone will from now on have a new taste!

Thanks M. I am sure it was horrible for you. Kay is so lucky to have you. You are the best sister ever

It took my breath away just reading that story! I mean soup really is important. I like mine hot. I also like breathing. Like A LOT. ;)
So glad you girls don't lose your humor.

We are right behind you COsister - and I love that you got dragged in on the thread. Definitely whatever you all choose as the trigger question will mean that if she does not give a response it's an emergency and you start by asking that one.

My Chris was famous for his minestrone and I've not managed to make it once since he passed. Eat some for me, it's nearly summer here now anyway :)

So happy to hear all is well and you were able to laugh about it after. At least now you know. Horrible way to find out, but better knowing than not.

I hope everyone enjoyed the soup. :)

Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back