Status
Not open for further replies.
kay, i am glad you are relaxed. i wish i could get out of this state of distress. keep on looking at the sunny side. i think of your journey alot too.

hi Pete. Here we are still here! I spend more days in bed and up the Ativan when feeling distressed at all. You have more on your plate to worry about your son too.

this is tough, the hardest part leaving all my wonderful friends and family. But today feeling pretty good.

love ya Pete!

Happy to see you check in Kay. Still in my thoughts and prayers.

Luv ya

I feel I am in the same boat as you and Pete. Some days it's a constant struggle trying to breath and others I feel I have some good hours of breathing without complication and then the struggles start again. I'm sorry you're going through this as well. It is torture.

How long will this last? Sometimes I think I am overreacting and think maybe I can live like this for a while. Then there are days where I just want to sleep and cannot because I can't breath well and can't wait for this to end. It's all so confusing for me. Should I be doing something to help ease toward the end? Are either of you on hospice? I wonder if they help with that. Anyway, sorry for the rant. I wish you and anyone else didn't have to go through this.

Pete and I both on hospice. My group helps manage anxiety air hunger and pain. I chose choose when I want to e lucid and when I just want you to sleep. I told them my highest priority was comfort.

feel like I'm stable since this thread was started. Taking it one day at time, but pain very managers able. Ativan and marijuana combo makes me slip away in peaceful sleep
!

Beautiful Kay, you are so high in my thoughts every day.

I know from experience that the key is allowing the meds to be given at the frequency and level needed. I'm so glad you are able to be kept comfortable this way and yet have those times of lucidity. It was the same with Chris. He had some quite lucid periods, but he was kept peaceful and without pain or fear.

I draw a lot of comfort from knowing you are being held in this place during this last phase. Many gentle hugs to you my friend xxx

Very sad. My hubby Jim is finding it hard to breathe now.😕 He has tried CBD oil and it seems to help. I am getting him a nebulizer today.

FB93731B-915A-46F1-BE95-89E0D27B74EA.jpg

since coming up with the right drug cocktail of Ativan and mj I've felt so much better. Lungs sounds better as reported by hospice nurse. This reprieve has gone on three weeks. It's strange but I'm going to enjoy while I can. Went to our local zoo for short outing with grandkids and helpful! Caregivers!

Attachments

• A58F7901-F718-4AC2-8B3B-7119FCA770E1.jpg
    A58F7901-F718-4AC2-8B3B-7119FCA770E1.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 257
Yes kick it kids ! Great !

That picture made me so happy today! I'm so glad you're able to go outside and enjoy the day. Looking great!

Rob

oh LOVE IT - so good to see you making the most of every moment Kay xxx

Thank you for posting. As one who is starting this journey it is very helpful to be able to put together a map to follow using the successes of those on the same trail.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures! They really made me smile. I'm so happy that you were able to get out and have taken advantage of the opportunity. Wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back