Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
In the Land of Cotton
City
Way Down South
My husband's twin died on Monday. So, I put together the fourth funeral in 10 months. Incredible that they are all gone - Terry, MIL, FIL and BIL.. and my Mom less than 2 years ago. I can't really process it.

I loaded up the car and my son and I headed to Florida yesterday. After a fiasco getting down here (I missed my turn onto the highway heading south) No GPS, no internet access. Had to rely on common sense and purchased a good old paper map. It was good for my Eagle Scout, though! It was a great ride. He was chatty (which is why we missed the turn) and the two shih tzus I brought with me were SO good.

A friend of mine wondered why I wasn't upset about being "lost". I figured out that I wasn't because I don't know where my life is going other than eventually to heaven. At least I knew I was headed to Destin. I just wasn't going to get there by the route I planned out. I would eventually get there, though! No reason to stress over it. The same goes with my life. It's just time for me to really pull out the original paper map, the bible.

Okay. Enough of that. Back to the beach. Daniel is already down there. Highs here are expected to be in the 80's all week - fabulous! I couldn't have picked a better week to be down here! God must be smiling at me for a change!

So glad you are getting away. We loved going to the Destin area. Last trip was to Sea Grove Beach in October 2010. Great memories! Enjoy!

Missy, I'm so sorry that you and your son have had yet another loss.

Glad your paper "maps" are working!
I love it when you can feel God's smile!

So sorry for your loss...happy you and your son are going to the beach!

Judy

I am so sorry for your loss, Missy. I am glad you seem to maintain a positive outlook though! I know how hard that can be for me, after having lost my Daddy to ALS.
love and prayers,

I can relate, Missy, both to the deaths and the getting lost. I got lost both going to and coming from Helen, GA. I sure wished I had taken a paper map.

Thinking of you Missy

Missy,

I'm truly sorry that you and your son have suffered yet another loss.

And I believe ther was no driver error, GOD was steering allowing you and your son to make more great memories.

Have fun at the beach and safe travels home.

Missy, I'm sorry for the loss of so many of your loved ones. You sound good in spite of so much loss! Be safe and have a good time!

Missy, so sorry to hear of yet another loss in your family. Totally happy that you're finding some peace. Enjoy the beach :)

Sorry Missy. I really hope you and your son can have a little peace and maybe a "little" fun? Or a lot of fun and sun. Yasmin

I love paper maps...real maps i can hold. Have fun and forget everything

Wow, you need some sunshine in your life Missy, sending you special hugs

More sunshine is coming tomorrow. My daughter arrives down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back