Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Rochesster
I am Cheryl, Dave's wife. Dave is a 100% disabled Vietnam Vet thanks to this terrible disease. He was diagnosed in May of 2011, and was hospitalized in March due to a fall. His oxygen level was really low, which led to his being intubated and then put on a ventilator on March 13th. He has had highs and lows since then, but is having a very hard time adjusting to the 24/7 life support. We were planning to bring him home, but that's on hold now because he just had another crisis... very frustrating. It's very hard to look on the bright side, but I am watching his sat level go up right now, and that is something.

I'll keep Dave in my prayers!

Praying for you. Stay positive.

Prayers for you and your hubby. Mine served in Vietnam too.

Glad you found us Cheryl. Stay with us and learn. so much support here. You must be a very strong woman and a wonderful wife. Prayers for you and your family.

Sorry you have to be here but sending prayers to you and Dave.

I'm sorry Cheryl but welcome.

Hi Cheryl and Dave, welcome to our forum family... hope he gets home soon.

It must be so difficult. I hope he gets through this crisis and that he can go home soon, if that's what you both want. Thinking of you. Yasmin.

Cheryl,
You and Dave are in our prayers! This is a very supportive place to be! Come when you can...

Jen

i too am an als vet and my heart goes out to you and your family......welcome to a wonderful group of supportive friends.....cheers...fp

Hi Cheryl, Just yesterday we were talking about my dad having this procedure before it gets worse. I'm so sorry for this difficult time you are having, and we all understand how you feel since we are living ALS Journey. My best wish is for him to go home, there is no better place like home. Good luck!

Cheryl, you will be covered by the prayers of this group. The support is amazing. Glad you found the circle!

vietnam was a terrible place for us. we can lay some blame on agent orange so with two tours there i believe there is a connection between enviorment and als. military veterans now have a 60% greater chance of being diagnosed with als than non-veterans it will be interesting to see what happens to desert storm vets as time goes on, then iraq and afganistan. hope you are now home and resting peacefully. from one vet to another "keep your head down and powder horn dry'

Another vet here, wishing you both the best and praying for ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back