Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
New York
City
northville
Three weeks ago today My husband passed after struggling with ALS for 5 years. On the morning of his death he was talking (quielty) and still aware of his surrounding. That morning I called hospice to give me extra medicine so he could sleep better. He was up all the night before. That evening after my son soccer game he passed peacefully. I looked at him and he took his last breath and never took another. My sister just happen to be there that evening which she hasn't stayed over in 2 years. I guess she was meant to be there when he passed for support for me.

The hard thing was to wake up my 12 year old son and to tell him about his father. I asked him to come down before the funeral home came and he said he couldnt. So i did not push it. He didn't have an open casket so he never saw him dead.

Overall my son and I are doing ok. My in-laws are still in town. They are staying until after Memorial day. My husbands birthday would me that day. he would have been 56.

Thanks for your advice over the last few years
Colleen

I am so sorry for your loss. Glad it was peaceful and you were there with him. He was lucky to have you

Peace and comfort to you and your family

My condolences. I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you, your child, and your family peace and healing.

Fiona

I'm very sorry for your and your son's loss, Colleen, but glad that he passed in peace and our sister was there for you. I wish you both less sorrow and more joy in what your family had, with the passage of time.

Best,
Laurie

So sorry Colleen. I hooe that you and your son find strength and peace in the days ahead. Hugs

So sorry, Colleen. Thankful he passed in peace. Kindest regards to you and your son. Hugs to you both.

Prayers for you and your son Colleen. Peace be with you both.

Praying for you and your son and your extended family. I am so glad that your hubby passed peacefully.

I'm so very sorry for your loss Colleen. I truly hope you find some peace quickly, we are still here if you need anything xxx

Colleen, I am so sorry for your loss. May peace be with you and your family.

Colleen, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Thinking of you and your son and hoping that each day brings peace and the comfort of memories.

Sending good thoughts to you and your son.
Love ya
Chally

Colleen, so sorry for your loss. You and your son will be in my thoughts and prayers.

V

Thinking of you Colleen.

Angie

Sorry for your loss. Hoping the best for you and your son as you navigate your new normal without ALS and filling you heart with the good memories.
Anna

Attachments

• IMG_1590.jpg
    IMG_1590.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back