Diagnosis
12/2005
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Cincinnati
My husband passed suddenly on April 24th at home. He was fine on Wednesday evening and when I woke up he was in the active stage of dying. He could only move his head yes or no when we would ask questions. It broke my heart when he had tears rolling down his face, he couldn't talk on Thursday but Wednesday evening he was talking. I cannot get it out of my mind the way he was and I couldn't do anything to stop what was happening. He knew what was happening and acknowledged everyone up to the final moment.

I'm looking for closure and answers to all of my questions but I know I will never find them.

Hi Cincinnati
Our heartfelt condolences to you and yours. When one of us suffers, we all suffer.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you
Rick & Joan

So sorry for your loss Cincinnati. Even though we know the outcome of this disease when it comes it is still devastating.
AL.

Sorry for your loss

Cincinnati

So sorry for your loss and your pain. Obviously this has been a devastating experience for you and your loved ones. This is a wonderful place to come and grief. We'll cry along with you. Sometimes that is all anyone else can do. There are those outside of this situation who might feel impressed to say, "Oh, this will pass, you'll be okay". This is a process that cannot be rushed. Allow yourself to feel the pain of your loss. We will pray for you to feel comfort and peace.

Elaine

Cincy, so sorry for your loss. I can imagine the pain you are going through. May your loved one rest in peace, and our Father give you comfort. God bless!

Irma

God bless you and your family.

Very sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace...

Thank you for your kind words. My husband was only 51 and had so much to life ahead. Again, thank all of you, it is a very difficult time for my boys and I.

My husband and I are truly sorry for your loss. Our hearts go out to you at this time.

sandy.

Hug your boys extra hard from all of us. We are sorry for your loss.

Cincy, sorry I am posting again, but I need to assure you that I know exactly what you are going through. My son was okay on June 2nd, 2007 (midday). He gave me a list of what to shop for.. I did as he asked me to, bought and brought him his goods. I was shocked when I returned, I knew he was dying, and hhe was gone in less than 24 hours.. He went to Heaven on June 3, 2007 at 5:50pm. Right before my eyes dear, it took place. I watched my son pass on to Eternal Life, therefore I am not afraid to face death the way he did. God bless everyone!

Irma

Dear Cinci

So very sorry about the loss of your dear husband.

Your post is dated 4/24, almost a month. I pray that you are doing better and your sons are too.

I know what you mean when you say so quickly.

My husband was working last week and by end of week had to stop and now Hospice has come in.

Love your boys and always remind them how much their Dad loved them.

You are a special lady and a great Mom. Praying that God give you an extra portion of strength during this grieving time.

Take care of yourself,

Patty

Sorry for your loss

I am saddend, and wish you all the best.........Rob

Cincy,

Today marks one month since the loss of your dear husband and I know your pain. My beloved passed in much the same way on 4/22. One minute we were sitting and talking and then he was gone. Of course I will always have so many unanswered questions
as you do and there will always be an emptiness where he took up so much of my life and my daughter's life. We can only take one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time and pray that our dear husbands are in a better place and not suffering.

I will be thinking of you and your sons today.

I'm soo sad yesterday May 23rd was my youngest son birthday he turned 24 and tomorrow is my b-day May 25th and then Thursday May 29th is our anniversay it would have been 32 years. My oldest son is lost without his dad and is just going day by day. Again thank you for thinking of us during this difficult time.

The end happened so quickly with no warnings but everytime my husband progressed it took him to another level. Christmas he was fine, day after christmas he got weak and then new years eve he had a trach and feeding tube put in again no warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back