Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take this post down, as the last thing I would want is to scare anyone with my 'rhetoric'.

There is absolutely no direct correlation between elevated liver enzymes and motor neuron disease. In fact, blood work is typically normal in those with MND.

There is also absolutely no direct correlation between the levels of lipid (which is simply another name for fat) circulating in the blood (most of which are triglycerides) and motor neuron disease. The lipids they are talking about are the lipids that make-up the membrane of motor neurons (lipids make-up the membrane of all the cells in our body, by the way) and that is undetectable in blood work. Lipid metabolism might have something to do with progression . . . but as of right now . . . no correlation with onset.

Enzymes are not lipids . . . enzymes are proteins.

April . . . for the last time . . . there is absolutely no evidence you have MND . . . and frankly . . . I think your rhetoric is needlessly scaring people on here when you try to correlate your symptoms and the causes of your symptoms with MND.

Wright~

I would never want to scare anyone, I erased my post. And, frankly you have really hurt my feelings. When I talk about my symptoms, I guess I am just trying to say that I understand. I have never and would never want to scare anyone. I will refrain from talking about symptoms inregards to anyone, as I had no idea that this is what it does to people. You have really caught me at a weak moment and upset me.

Fyi, My PT is not going well. they were shocked at my lack of grip strength and my arms along with the feet/toes. Very surprised and not understanding the lack of muscle strength in my body with out a injury. I wont bore you with details....

I certainly didn't mean to hurt your feelings and we all want you to talk about your symptoms and concerns. You have to be careful though when you say you think you have MND with your symptoms. You have had test after test . . . and not one of them indicates MND . . . so I'm not sure why you inisist you have it or discuss your symptoms in correlation with MND.

There are a lot of people on here with similar symptoms with no diagnosis and that will scare them (and most of them most likely dont' have MND). It's as simple as that. We want to be with you during this time, so please don't let my comments deter you from sharing. All I was trying to do, was protect the others on here that are frightened.

No one on here has said you don't have something going on with your body. What I have said is that not one of your tests indicates MND . . . and . . . your neuro told you that you didn't have it. MND isn't the only thing that causes weakness. I can't even begin to list the things that do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back