CALS
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Redcliff
Good evening all...
My wonderful husband lost his battle with ALS on July 2 - our 25th wedding anniversary. He was only 47 yrs old and he fought till he just couldn't do it anymore. It was so quick, but at least it was peaceful, and he wasn't in any pain. He got his wish to die at home with us there.

My hubby was a firefighter for almost 28 yrs and the firefighters gave him an absolutely wonderful send off - my kids and I were so honored and touched - what a great group he worked with.

The house is so empty though...I can't sit still cuz I miss him so much - it's like a part of me is missing. How do you stand it?

I wanted to thank everyone here for all of the support I've received over the last two years - it was a God-send! Keep fighting the good fight.
Beaner

My blessings to you and your children.

My husband is a firefighter for the last 26 yrs, so I completely understand the wonderful send off for your husband.

God bless you,
brenda

Beaner,
I'm so sorry you've lost your husband. I know he was a fighter and you were with him every step of the way.
You ask "How do you stand it?" That's a question all us CALS will be asking. Right now my answer is "I can't imagine!" No matter how prepared we may think we are for the end, nothing can really prepare us for the reality of it. Absolutely nothing.
And the fact that he died on your silver anniversary brings home the fact that it's a good thing we don't know what lies ahead. Little did you know on your wedding day what lay ahead. Life is so bittersweet.
You've been a great forum member and I hope that you'll visit periodically if it brings you comfort. Let us know how you are getting on.
Peace to you, Beaner. I'll be thinking of you in the coming weeks and months as you adjust to the new turn your life has taken.
Take care,
Jane

Beaner1 sorry for your loss. May God be with you every step of the way. Your wonderful husband is no longer suffering, he is with his Father. I have noticed that most of these Pals pass at home. My wonderful son's wish was to pass at home, and he did, on June 3, 2007. Beaner I remember your posting. May God bless you. I know it's hard dear. Ask God to give you peace and comfort, and you will be granted it. I am keeping you in my prayers, and may your dear husband rest in peace. Peace be with you.

Irma

Hi Beaner

Hi Beaner:

I am sorry for your loss, but now your husband is in a better place, believe me I understand what you are going through, I lost my husband almost seven month's ago; and I still miss him.

I will have you and your husband on my prayer's.

May God bless you and your family.

Paty Baja California, México
Cals to late husband Jorge
Dx 10/17/05
Died 12/30/07

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my husband May29 and I know what your going through. I'ts only been in the last week that I have been able to make it through the day without crying. I can only tell you that the happy memories will bring you peace.

Beaner,

I am so sorry for your lost.

Beaner, words can't describe how I feel for you and your family. Being a Firefighter is a special job and every day you go to work you know you may not come home. You signed on knowing the risks. No one ever thought ALS might be a risk. It hasn't been proven yet but more of us are showing up at the clinics across Canada. It doesn't make it any easier on those left behind but some may find solace in knowing that their loved one died because of a job they loved doing.
AL.

my deepest sympathy, I can not imagine the silence in your house, but please keep us informed how you are doing. We all have sounds from this diseae, bi-paps, breathing, always listening to be sure the love one are ok, the silence for now must be unbearable, but with good memories you will survive along with your family.

God Bless You

Deepest sympathy

May God give you strength during this difficult time. You were a wonderful wife to your beloved!

Will keep you in prayer,
Patty

I know what you mean when you say the house is so empty. My husband lost his battle on April 24,2008 at home with all of his loved ones with him. My heart goes out to you and your family. My husband was fine the night before and in the morning he wasn't doing well only could shake his head yes or no. We called the hospice nurse and she came and informed us he was in the active stage of dying. That afternoon he lost his battle with ALS. I still feel like it is all a dream and I will wake up. As the counselor told me not only are we dealing with heavy grief but 2.5 years of anger inside due to the disease. We always stayed strong and positive around my husband.

I will keep you in my prayers.

I am so sorry, I read what you had written and tears came to my eyes, my husband is 46. I hate this disease.

Christina

so sorry

May God bless you with a peace that can only come from our father in heaven.I lost my son in 2003 from cancer & my faith in what God tells us that we will be together again is what keeps me going.God Bless your family.
Sharon

Very sorry for your loss Beaner. May he rest in peace...

I am so sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family!
netty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back