• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

My Husband Jorge Lost His Battle To A.l.s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Paty -

I have followed your posts ever since I became a member. You have been such a strong and faithful caregiver - a real inspiration to me.

I am terribly sorry about the loss of Jorje.

My most fervent wish for you now is to experience peace and love for yourself. You have done so much - now I hope the healing from this terrible ordeal will begin.

I wish your new grandchild will bring you the joy you so richly deserve.

I will never forget you, Paty. Your presence on this board has been a continual source of comfort and inspiration to me. Please know that you are in my heart.

Beth

Dearest Paty,
I have thought of you so many times during the past six months. I am so sorry for your loss. You were amazing in how you hung in there and took care of your Jorge. Now be gentle with yourself and take care in your grief.
Sending you peace and love,
Beth (former CALS to husband Shannon)

Paty,
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your husband. You were a wonderful caregiver and wife. My prayers and thoughts are sent your way!

Hi girls

Hi girls I am so :cry: that I don't know what to tell you, I was so sad when I read about Shannon's death (Lunarruna "Beth's husband) my dear friend from Montana; and the few times I could come to read the posts after spending six month's at the hospital to keep on reading that more PALS were dying, made my heart cry.

My son tells me to try to leave these forums on the side and to keep on with my life, but it's so hard it will take time for me to do such a thing (MY LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRE), were I met such beautiful and courageous people.

I want to keep on sharing my experiences with everyone here; and if anyone wants to vent their feelings feel free to e.mail me.

Love

Paty
Baja California, Mexico

HI Paty...With the thanks to all the people on the forum I have gained alot of knowledge concerning this terrible disease and I received alot of support. My mom passed away September 21, 2007 and I have not been able to walk away from this forum. My mom would often question if she was the only person with this disease. It is sad to say but I guess I got comfort knowing that she wasn't the only one. I know I should move on with my life but it is hard.

Take care. Anne

Give yourselves time, ladies, before moving on. Your lives will go back to normal at their own paces, meanwhile we are here while you recover. Plus former CALS have so much to offer those new to the experience! Hugs, Cindy

Hi Paty! I would like for you to know that you are in our prayers. I know it's hard. It has been 7 months since my son passed from this horrific disease, and I still cry for him. I find myself missing him so bad. The holidays were pure torture. We went over to my other son's, but I was in a daze the whole time. I really didn't have much to say.

I am sure He will give you comfort and peace in your heart to move on. Jorge is in a much better place. How long did he last after diagnosed? God bless!

Irma

Hi Paty. Everyone needs time to grieve and do it in their own way. I hope when you are able you will come back to help the new Caregivers here with your knowledge and understanding. If you can't, we do understand but know that you will always be a welcome addition to this forum.
AL.

Paty, please accept this hug from all of us.
Jesusgreeting.jpg

Thank You Capt. Al

THANK YOU CAPT. AL, DEEP FROM MY HEART.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

PATY
BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
CAL TO LATE HUSBAND JORGE, WHO LOST THE BATTLE WITH A.L.S. ON DEC. 30TH. 2007:cry:

I know how you feel, Paty about this forum. I didn't find it soon enough but it did help me for the short time I had Don with me. Our husbands died so close together - Dec. 29th and Dec. 30th. As you can see I am still checking in. Only those of us who were and are CALS really understand what that means.....24/7.

My heart goes out to you as we sorrow together.

so sorry

Hi Paty,

I'm sorry for your loss.

Take care of yourself.

terri

Dear Paty

I just learned of your loss, may God grant you comfort. Isn't it strange how God opens a window when we think the door is closed. My first grandchild came when I lost my Father, now my Dx this past year and the second is on the way. Paty, You will be in my prayers and Jorge rest in beautiful and pain free peace. sherry

Hi l2c and Terry

Hi 12c:

You're quite right only us CALS know what we feel after loosing our PAL, I am so lonely, there's nothing that can take away my mind from my husband, I've been doing some house cleaning, tomorrow I will pack his clothes and will give them away to needy people.

I have to keep myself busy and I am planning to go to my daughter's house, next week to help her with my newborn second grand-child.

Hi Terry:

Thank you.

Hugs to both of you

Paty
Baja California, Mexico
CAL TO LATE HUSBAND JORGE

You will always be the ultimate caregiver, Paty! Any PAL, or newborn, for that matter, would be lucky to have you in his or her corner. Give that baby a kiss from me! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back