01/2008
Country
US
State
New York
City
Levittown
Hi Everyone,

I know that I haven't been a regular CALS, But I have looked here for guidance in the past 10mths and have received many helpful information. Recently I asked around about traveling to Disney and received helpful information. While on vacation the day before we were going to end our vacation I found he had passed away in his sleep. All he wanted was to go on our first family vacation with our daughters 7&3 and see thier happy faces. He got his wish, he was very happy the 4days prior and monday night when he went to bed he said goodnight, I love you , and thank you for everything. And around 5:30 that morning he went in peace. I found him around 8am. He was diagnosed on 1/10/08, he was 32 yrs old. My heart aches for him and my girls. But I know his ALS is gone. We have grown together these past 10mths and I believe that it made both of us stronger for dealing with ALS. I have a long road ahead of me with raising our children. I know in my heart he will guide me. For I have his heart and the memory of him will live on in our girls. God Bless everyone who deals with this horrible disease.

Allison, I am so very sorry for your loss. It is tragic that someone so young was struck down by this disease. But the memories of those last happy days he spent with you and your children will nourish you for a lifetime, I know.

I wish you the best in the coming difficult days and months.

BethU

Oh Allison, I am so very very very sorry for you and the children! May he rest in peace. Pray that you will have lots of family & friends to support you during this difficult time of grieving.

Patty

Allison I am sorry very sorry for your loss. Your husband was so young, but like my husband they are free from this horrific disease. Take care of yourself and those little girls. Maggie

Strength and Peace

Dear Allison,
I am seriously feeling your pain tonight. My husband is 41 and we have a 4 and 7 year old. I am so sorry for your families loss. I am so glad that your children's last couple of days with him were at such a magical place. Let's hope some of that magic can heal the pain ........in time. Please know my thoughts are with you. Fondly, KR

Last edited:
Allison,
My sincere sympathy to you and your family. Your husband fought a brave battle, and I feel sure you and your girls are stronger today because of him. May God bless you as you continue your life's journey,
Respectfully,
brenda

Dear Allison
I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. His ALS is gone but with that it took part of your heart as well. I am so sorry, my heart is broken for you and your children
Please take care of yourself.
In friendship
Jeannie

Allison I am so sorry to read this. I am glad he got his wish to go on vacation and see the happy faces of your children at Disney World. May God Bless you and your family.
Laurel

Allison, I am so sorry for your loss.

AL.

I am so sorry for your loss. My mother is in the later stages and I hope she goes as peaceful as your husband did. This disease is dreadful but so is anything else that takes our loved ones. So I pray you will have the courage and strength to carry on. I am sure that is what he would want for you and the children.

Your friend
Lisa

Hi Allison...our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
We are so happy that your husband was able to fulfill his dream of the vacation with you and the girls.
Sincerely
Rick & Joan

Allison,
I am so sorry for your loss. It is wonderful that your husband's at least got his wish to go to Disney with the children. He was so young....at least his ALS is gone...
Linda

My mother died in August due to ALS. My heart goes out to you. I have young children, and can only imagine what you are going through.

Dear Allison,

I had a similar situation with my dear husband who passed awy two days after we went to Mexico. I am sure your dear husband gave you and the kids that trip as a gift. My heart goes out to you but you hopefully can find some solace in that he is not suffering. It is such a horrible disease. My husband has been gone for five months and some days I still can't believe he's gone.

Your children will bring you strength. Hug them often and know your husband is helping you.

Dear Allison,
This is unbelievably sad. Your husband was so young.
I wish you strength and courage as you continue on. Your little girls will help
you to get through the days. Having the responsibility and care of them will
help you through the difficult lonely times.
There are many here thinking of you during this new chapter in your life.
All good wishes,
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back