Status
Not open for further replies.
Judy and Jackie

I have been at the hospital with my Brother Tim with Pneumonia. Two times between December and March. Very scarry! He is doing better now.

Jackie. I have a friend who has had ALS for 25 years. He is on the vent for the last five. He only had one infection recently and was able to be treated at home with antibiotics. The vent has to be monitered continuously. He has done very well. I think it will have a lot to do with the Caregiver. It has worked well for him. So I thought I would tell you that. The decision is between you and and your husband. I don't the the Doc. had the right to tell you that. It is not his decision.

Both your families and every one on this Forum is in my thoughts and prayers as we battle this horrible thing together!

Lorie:(

God Will Have Mersy On You

Hi

Hi Friend My Name Is Sam Rockwell

Thanks for all your prayers for my family. I have to go to NC to be with my daughter. Shes not getting better. I'm also a nurse and I worked for a lawyer so I think I might have a little influence. I just hope my husband stays stable while I'm gone. Judy

Have safe travels JudyLyne and may your daughter begin to heal. I know she will benefit from having you with her. I'll be praying for you and your daughter, and I will pray that your husband remains stable in your absence.
All the best, fellow nurse,
Jane

Hello Andrea,
We certainly do have alot in common! You are very inspiring and I appreciate your perspective. I too feel like a different woman since my husband's diagnosis on March 28th. I spent last week throwing out many things in an effort to simplify our life and eliminate clutter. It's amazing how things we thought we needed to keep are no longer important. There are many lessons to learn through this experience.
Many blessings to you and your husband and to all who are struggling along in their daily lives with this illness. Thank each and every one of you.
Jane

Sam Rockwell

Welcome to the forum. It looks by your profile that you are in process of finding our what is wrong with your body.

You will find lots of info here. Whis you well.

thanks for your thoughts and prayers

i appreciate all of your posts on my and horace's behalf. we are all one big family
here and i don't get to get on here often and post. horace does not want the vent
as his lungs are so diminished a vent would not help. the bipap keeps him alive com-
pletely, and when his lung muscles cannot handle the pressure of the bipap any
longer, his heart will fail. his primary care dr. says pneumonia is usually the cause of
death in respiratory related als as mucas, etc. get into the lungs and can't be coughed back up.

hospice tells me it could be weeks, days, or hours. no way of knowing. it is spring
here in middle tennessee, and we live in our dream house we built here in 2004. all
of his baby trees are growing and blooming, his tulips, cherry trees, and dogwoods are
blooming, our grass is a luscious green, 2 acres worth, and the birds are singing.

so, what's wrong with this picture? he's confined to the den and can't go outside and see and enjoy all that work he did. he is an 'outdoors' person.

jackiemax

Oh I am sorry, Jackie. My heart goes out to Horace, being an outdoors gal myself!

jackimax, bless you, and your husband. That is exactly what they told me about my son, Hospice that is. They told me it could be days, weeks, or hours. It was Saturday, 7:00 PM when they told me that. Come Sunday, the following day, at 5:50 PM he was gone. With Als, you'll never know! It is so tricky. May God bless you, he is leaving you with so many memories, his beautiful plants, but you know something, Jackie? You will feel so close to him, when you will take a walk out to the garden, and watch them plants grow so beautifully! This is something I am experiencing myself.
Keep us posted dear, I pray to God He mantains your husband comfortably. May God bless each one of you.

Irma

I'm sorry to hear how so many of us are progressing.

I just got a wild ride to the hospital in an ambulance this past week for a couple of days stay. Seems I picked up some kind of flu bug and started vomiting so strong that I could not catch my breath. That is a terrible feeling to know you cannot breath because all your muscles are in spasms with dry heaves. Now I know how many of you must feel every day. :(

The only way I could catch a breath was to do the Heimlich maneuver on myself, and the chest thump. That would shock the muscles to stop long enough so I could catch a short breath before the next round started. Good thing I had my fireman background training in that area. My oxygen levels in my blood were below 70% by the time the paramedics got here.

Needless to say my wife was upset, my grandson was shocked. Kind of a preview of coming events. I would much rather die in my sleep.

question for irma from jackiemax

thanks for posting about your son, and please accept my condolences. may i please ask you what his situation/health was when hospice told you what hospice told me? was he
on a bipap 24/7 like horace is? was he in a coma? was he sleeping a lot at the time, and did he also talk to you some? if you prefer not to post this info, would you please send me a private message? thank you. i really need to know his situation when he was taken home. jackiemax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back