Diagnosis
n/a
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Fort Myers
Hi, I have been reading these threads but now I am jumping in.

Hi l2c, I am sorry that you must join us here. My husband has ALS also. He was diagnosed Dec
2006. Where are you from? When was yours diagnosed? do you have children at home? Talk anytime, everyone on here ispretty great. Terry

Hey!

Very sorry your husband has ALS! My husband was diagnosed 09/06. We have a seven year old son. We are dealing with this one day at a time. At first everything rushes at you, but later you will learn to deal.

You will find a wealth of information here and we all care for each other. Please keep in touch and ask any questions you may have, cause it is very likely someone has "been there and done that."

My husband was diagnosed in 2005/October. His sister had been diagnosed in 2003. No history of the disease in the family before that. Sister died in 2006.

After reading some of your messages I feel that I am lucky...we have four grown children and six grandchildren and though DH gets very discouraged and hates being so dependent on others, he is just a wonderful person who really tries not to be too demanding or irritable...Sometimes I am more crabby and snappy than he is and I feel so bad after I act that way.

Hello l2c and welcome to the fourm. I hear you about getting crabby! The job of a caregiver is no small matter. Hang in there and feel free to write anytime. Cindy

DH fell today. He is getting weaker in his legs but wants to keep using the waker.. This time he has a few skinned areas on his arm, hand, and leg. Last November he fractured his left hip. He hasn't walked without walker or wheelchair since.

What an awful feeling you get when you hear that familiar crash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back