00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Dallas
permalinkBellaBells
He went to a neurologist today he didnt do an emg he felt it wasn't neccessary. He did a clinical exam and said my husband seems stronger than him even though he explained how weak his neck and legs are. He did say he sees a lot of symptoms of parkison's disease but not a certain diagnosis just symptons but could Parkinson's present with so much weak feelings fasciculations and neck and arm weakness. He did admit that he noticed the fascinations and that my husbands walking was off but he refused to do the emg even though my husbands pcp requested it. It's hard to get an emg with Medicaid since we cant pay out of pocket and waiting for parkland is a nightmare.

I went through your previous thread, and there was an EMG in the last few months and it was clean. Even though it wasn’t his whole body, he had widespread symptoms, so the EMG results should be believed.

In addition, his presentation doesn’t suggest ALS. The neurologist has also told you it doesn’t suggest ALS.

So as far as I’m concerned, your husband has been cleared of ALS.

I’m sorry you don’t have more answers, but it doesn’t appear to be something we can help you with here.

Still chasing a ALS diagnosis are we? How many times do you need to be told your husband does not have ALS? 10? 20? When is it going to sink in that you should be grateful for him not having this? Why do you still spend every minute on this site searching for ways your husband may be diagnosed? Please, enough, already. Members here would be elated with this diagnosis, but you seem to want this diagnosis so badly because you simply will not take no for an answer. What a terribly sad waste of energy and a waste of the gift of health.

I would say congratulations for the great health info of your husband not having a terminal illness, but I do not think you will not appreciate it.

I truly hope you can find happiness this holiday season, Bella, and let this obsession go once and for all.

Good luck with that and take good care.

There are simple tests for Parkinson's, with no additional scans or EMGs necessary for your husband. With all the tests and hospitals you have described, it's hard to understand what you are doing. I would pick one neuro and follow through with that person, which is possible even with Medicaid.

Agreed, it's time for you to move on from the notion of ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back