• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fathers Day

Tomorrow will be a difficult day. Our wonderful daughter - 17 - will spend her first fathers day without her beloved Dad. I am thinking of all of you who have lost a Dad, husband to this dreadful disease.

I'll be thinking of you and your daughter tomorrow, Anne. I hope it is not too painful and that you can enjoy some lighter moments of recalling some of the happier memories.
Peace to you,
Jane

Anne, I will be thinking of you and your daughter tomorrow. Yes indeed, it will be a difficult day for lots of folks. I lost my 38 yr old son to Als one year ago, and he was a father, too. These daddies they may be gone, but not forgotten. My son's b'day is on the 18th of this mont, too. He would have been 40, bless my son. God bless you and your daughter Anne.

Irma

My daughters lost their dad to COPD while they were in their teens. It really took a toll on them, but after the first year things started getting better. It has been 15 years now and they each have great husbands and babies of their own.

You are right to suspect they will need extra care right now. Give them a hug form all of us! Cindy

My daughter and I went out to dinner the other night. It is easier going out than sitting at the table where Dad used to be. She opened up and said that her Dad visits her almost every night. He is whole and strong again. This gave me strength. I know he is there and he is now strong again.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your husband sounds a lot like mine, mine is always making sure that I am Happy. Your story was so beautiful, that it made me cry. I hope and pray when the time comes for my husband he will go in his sleep. I know deep down in my heart that God will alway be there for us all when that time come. Thank so much for sharing your story. God gave you a very happy ending and a very blessed and beautiful memoir. May God be with you and your family always.

Debbie, If I can help you in any way let me know. Little things still make me cry. I know my husband was blessed in that he could go peacefully without loss of dignity. I miss him dreadfully but I know he is with us and at peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back