Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading comments by all the contributors, I decided to make an official complaint with the University. I'll keep you up on what the response is. We'll see what happens if anything, I also asked for a full refund.

Hi Lee,

Very confusing post? I agree with 'Notme' and I would take that advice.
Best of luck to you.
CC

Update coming, I heard from the University Medical Center after my complaint, interesting indeed. I will post as soon as I figure out how to get it from the mail sight of the University.

Here is the response, I have edited the names out pending possible legal action. It is interesting they do not comment on the behavior of the neurologist. They offer a refund out of "good will", to me good will means we messed up please don't sue us. I never requested a refund, I just suggested it.

Mr. XXXXXXX,

I am in receipt of your letter dated September 14th, 2012, in which you shared your concerns related to an office visit at XXXX ALS Clinic on July 27th, 2012. I would like to express my sincere apology for your experience at XXXX Private Diagnostic Clinic.

In your electronically submitted feedback, you stated that the care you received at XXXX did not meet your expectations and you requested the fees from the visit on July 27th, 2012, be waived. I contacted Dr. XXXXXXX X. XXXXXXX, Director for the XXXX ALS Clinic, and shared your concerns and request with him. He expressed his sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.

After a review of the charges for the date of service, we have determined that a thorough examination was done by a qualified physician and his staff. Because of this, the physician and the facility fee charged are both accurate. However, as a gesture of good will, the XXXX Billing Customer Service Department, in consultation with the physician, has agreed to adjust both fees to a zero balance. Please know that it can take up to 4 weeks for the balance to be reflected in your credit card.

At XXXX University Hospital, we respect the privilege our community extends to us in delivering their health care. We appreciate you choosing XXXX in the past and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to rebuild your trust in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can further help at (000) 000-0000

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX
Patient Advocate
Patient and Visitor Relations

Jrnl, I must laugh; not at you but american health care. Of course, they will not admit to incompetent care especially in print.

My family went through an experience at our local er with a major injury that has left one of my children blinded. The ceo (after a meeting) commented with an, "I'm not a doc tor" speech. My response back was, "Correct, you are not and until you get that degree, please refrain from commenting on my childs care". 2 days later, I received a call from the acting director of our er. He verbally admitted and asked what could they do to remedy the situation. In our case; the damage is permanent, but a simple refe rral to an opth a mologist for follow up may or may not have been a deciding factor for her vision.

But again, all verbal. On behalf of Americans, I do want to apologize for the ill treat ment you received. I know of which University you speak of, and am truly saddened by your experience. If you are to visit the states again for another go, I would recommend Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. I am sure your visit wasn't a total bust, as the main reason was your daughters nuptials. I do hope that event was enjoyed by all.

Good luck and keep us informed on your health.

Boy, I'm batting a. 000. I keep getting modd ed.

Jrnl, my response is forth coming. Long story short: On behalf of the United States and our sucky hea lth care, I do apologize.

David, I do apologize for the slip of the tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back