Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
TN
City
Knoxville
My mom was diagnosed with ALS in June of 2008. The disease has progressed much quicker than any of expected. I'm sitting in my parent's living room waiting for her to leave us. We had a really good week about two weeks ago. Family came to visit, we went for a boat ride, she talked a lot, we were happy. But, ALS snuck up on us and reared it's ugly head. My mom has taken a turn for the worse. Hospice told us yesterday she only has a few days. I'm praying that it's less than that. I know that may sound horrible - but this disease is awful and NO ONE should have to suffer. I know my mom is comfortable with the medications, but the person sitting in that bed gasping for air staring out into space - that is not my mom. I think my mom left a long time ago. I've never posted here before - but just needed to share how I was feeling this evening. I'm sad that I'll never have a phone conversation, a hug, kiss, fight, or a little laugh now and again. But, I am at peace knowing that my mother is no longer trapped in her own body. I'm also thankful that we were given some time to say our goodbyes.

Mom....I will forever miss you!

Always,
Christer :)

Christer- I am so sorry about your Mom. I can hear your love for her in your post. I hope she stays comfortable and I hope you have loved ones nearby.

We are losing one or two PALS this week, it seems. Always sad when that happens. Please let us know how she is doing whenever you have a minute to post. Hugs, Cindy

Christer-

I lost my own mom to ALS in June. The last days are such a haze. You and your mom are in my thoughts.

Kaija

Dear Christer,
It is so heart breaking reading your words as the image you paint is so painful and honest. I am saying a prayer for your mom Melody and you and your family. May God give you all peace.
Laurel

christer

i am so sorry for the pain you are going through right now.
i hope your mum is comfortable and when the time comes it is so peacefull.
you,your mum and family are all in my thoughts and prayers.
caroline

christer, it is obvious how much you love and support your mum. I think you have a wonderful attitude about the situation and see that she will be at peace. It's not horrible for you to wish it happen sooner than later, none of us wants to see our loved ones suffer from this disease. Peace to you, I'm glad you found this site as a place to express your love for your dear mum and to get you through this time. I wish you and your family comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back